Chapter 32 - August 15th

"You can't be serious." Alex stopped at his tracks when finally the younger woman beside him revealed her plans.

"I am absolutely fucking serious, Ox you're doing this." she jumped up and down next to him.

"I can't believe, I paid our cab ride here. I'm leaving." Since they had all gone with Matt's car, the people going to the market got the car to carry the things and Mar and Alex took a cab.

Marina held grabbed both his arms and stopped him.

"You're not going anywhere." He huffed. He knew this one wasn't one that he had energy to argue and win.

"Nice arms by the way." She caressed his biceps.

He smiled with as much sarcasm as he could master. "Not even in your dreams, kid."

She laughed at his face and the discussion came to an end when an employee approached them.

"How may we help you today?" The blonde woman took a step closer to the employee and starting speaking before Alex had any chance.

"Hello, this fine gentleman over here would like to get his hair dyed." She gestured at Alex like she was presenting a piece of art.

Alex's lips formed a thin line and his eyes widened.

The truth was he had discussed it with Marina and the girls before. He wasn't opposed of trying new hairstyles or even dyeing his hair. He had in fact talked about it with Perrie and she had agreed that he'd rock the blond tips.

With that last thought he decided to do it.

"Come this way," the employee guided them "What color were you thinking?"

"Blonde-ish" Alex spoke for the first time. And he saw with the corner of his eye Marina cheekily smiling.

Blonde Alex pending

Blonde Alex pending

"We don't want it from the roots though. We just want the top to be dyed."

And Marina went off with the employee discussing back and forth what they thought would suit him best. They were so occupied that they didn't notice Alex sneaking away. He quickly got his phone out and before he could rethink it he called the familiar number.

Voicemail, typical.

"Hi, Perrie, it's Alex again. I don't know why I'm calling anymore. You've shown me you don't want anything to do with me anymore. But I still miss you. I'm trying not to think about you and I'm failing. And if anything of what we've ever said is true, you should be feeling the same way. Please call me back." Same old song really. He was getting so frustrated every time he had left a voicemail. But then again this was the last piece of communication he had. So he couldn't help himself.

"I won't keep you, I hope I hear from you." He ended his message with a frown.

"You're not running away from me, mister. Get back in there." Marina grabbed him by his arm again and pushed him inside the hair salon. It was like she was grabbing him from his sorrow to bring him to her crazy world of hair and insanity. And he was grateful to her for that.