Chapter 13 - Afterparty

Alex's POV

Perrie was there.

Alex was at a loss.

He thought he'd been hearing things for a minute. But then he saw her and she looked so beautiful. He swore she looks more beautiful every time he sees her.

But the look on her face didn't let him focus on that.

Her eyes were glassy, a stormy grey instead of the usual sparkly blue, he could see it even in the dark. Alex looked at the state he was with Kara, he's still holding her for dear life and she's still had one hand on his cheek.

That's gotta look bad he thought.

"I guess you weren't that upset" she said loud enough for him to hear from the distance, but it betrayed the tremble in her voice.

He heard a gag and then he felt the warmth on his shoe before he had time to react.

Kara had just vomited on his shoe.

He took half a step back in disgust and Perrie ran off, out of his property. Alex was at a loss, he couldn't let her go, but he couldn't let Kara either.

He quickly reached for his keys and opened the door.

"MATT" he yelled louder than ever before in this house. "Matt come down here now." he continued in his loud voice.

Matt appeared in his boxers and a t-shirt clearly just woken up.

"Look after her, she just threw up." Alex ran off the house and into the street.

Perrie wasn't anywhere but he saw the car lights. He ran that way just in time to see her entering a black car. He went to her and stopped her from closing the car door.

"We need to talk." He breathlessly told her.

She was full on crying now, tears were all over her face and her eyes couldn't meet his for more than one second.

The driver of the car walked out and came towards them.

"Step away now." he strictly commanded Alex, but there was not a chance that he'd walk away from her. Not over this.

"Perrie it's not what you think." Alex couldn't recognize his own voice.

"Isn't that what you all say?" she fired back, her eyes met his accidentally and he saw her eyes were now icy, she was angry and she felt betrayed.

"We all? Perrie I'd never do that to you." he tried

"It's okay, we never clarified what we were." She tried to make him step away so she could close the door. The driver let things happen but Alex knew that if he was to try anything he'd have him to go through.

He didn't care. He didn't let her push him away, or close that door. "I was clear about that. I want you, only you."

"Miss, do you want to go?" The driver kept a hand out to protect Perrie from him.

Alex felt his chance to explain closing right then. He had to act. "That was Kara, Pez." He said more loudly than before "You know about her."

"I didn't know she was kissing you, did I?"

"She wasn't kissing me. She's piss off drunk Pez, please let's talk about it baby."

Perrie looked at the driver, and Alex could see her preparing to give him the nod. He'd push him away and they'd drive away.

"Don't leave." He might have sounded desperate enough because she looked him in the eye.

"I've stayed before, Alex." Her voice sounded so broken, so weak compared to her full of life usual self. Alex couldn't honestly even imagine what was going through her head, he just wanted to fix this. He needed to fix this.