Chapter 26 - Game Is Over

This had to be Perrie's most hectic flight yet.

The driver was not happy when he was on duty at 2:30, Steve would never act like that, she made a mental note, noone at the airport was joyful or at least pleasant at the dawn of the day. People didn't get that she was going to meet her boyfriend who she had very strong feelings for, when they subtly said they love each other.

Perrie was finally on board and on air when she thought about contacting the rest of her team. They had the day off but there was no way she was gonna have time to get back in time. She was gonna land on LA in the evening and then she'd spend the rest of the day with Alex and take a plane the day after back to the girls.

So she called the girls first through Skype. "Good morning" she tried but Leigh was not in the mood.

"Why are you calling? Just come over, Jade's already in my room."

"Umm that's why I called. I'm not in the hotel." Leigh looked closer as Jade was heard in the background stepping loudly closer to the phone.

"Are you on an airplane?" Leigh gasped.

"Listen," Perrie tried to explain everything fast "it was a spontaneous thing, but I was talking to Alex and it's almost our one month anniversary and we almost said I love you and I miss him so much, so I got on a plane to go see him."

"We're literally flying back to LA in a week, Pez." Jade pointed out.

"I know, I know but I couldn't wait, I'm sorry."

"How are your gonna have time to come back?" Jade always quick with her maths asked.

"Umm that's why I called you girls. I'll be back tomorrow noon."

The girls winced, "so you'll be missing the last rehearsal before tomorrow night?"

Tomorrow night was a big night. That's why they had the day off, and Perrie started thinking that if she was a little more sober from alcohol and her boyfriend she would maybe not have hopped on a plane.

But she had and this wouldn't ruin her happy feelings right now.

"I know, I know but we know this routine better than ourselves now. We've already done it in live shows too and I'll be back in time to do one tiny rehearsal with you guys."

Jade and Leigh looked at each other.

"Okay, have fun and good luck with telling Sam."

Sam was not happy.

Perrie tried to explain but her manager would have grounded her if she could. Instead she told her off and they had ended the call with Perrie apologizing. And then she had to call her boyfriend.

Well she opted to message him in order not to ruin the surprise.

The usual good morning text first.

Then came the usual little random messages. Just some pics of Otis and Leo eating, then him ready to leave for work. She replied as normally as she could.

And when it was almost time for her to land she sent the message she was waiting for.

'Do you have any plans?'

No, not yet

Great.

Meet me at the wild Beaver bar at 8

There was an instant call but she declined it. She was smiling like crazy at the thought of him being all surprised and confused.

In Los Angeles?