Chapter 18 - Jeremiah

A/N: Just imagine Kara instead of Robbo in the photo above

~~

Alex was fuming.

No, fuming wasn't the right word.

But what was the word that described feeling super angry and annoyed but you couldn't show it or do anything about it?

He'd stick with fuming.

"Faster, faster. Marina, press her don't let her cut you off." He shouted at the sweaty and panting girls. "Pick up the pace, come on."

The girls indeed started running faster and more aggressively with the ball.

"Dude, chill, they're doing great." Alex rolled his eyes. He didn't even turn to acknowledge the person behind him.

"Lexie, focus, eyes on her not the ball."

Alex wasn't at all prepared for what the day would bring him. As soon as he walked on the pitch that morning, he was met with not four but five people.

Lexie's new boyfriend, Jeremiah wanted to watch their session and Lexie was very excited to have him there. Mel and Mar seemed to be okay with him, they were all in an easy conversation when he arrived and Kara... Kara was silent.

She smiled when someone would watch her or talk to her but she'd barely talk and she just kept looking down.

This was the last thing she needed right now.

Alex looked at the guy up and down.

He was tall, a whole head taller than him, blonde with longish hair and he had on a choker like the one's surfer's wear.

From the beginning of the session he was commenting on things. At the start Alex, tried to not hate him because of the situation and give him a chance, so he replied and explained why and what was happening. But he kept making the same stupid questions and not letting him do his job.

Alex didn't have to reply to him, so after a while he didn't.

He watched his girls dribble through a line then leave the ball to the remaining two girls to dribble back to the remaining point.

He watched as Lexie was giving the performance of her life, running faster than ever, using her more perplexed skills, just to impress Jeremiah.

And then he watched Kara. He wondered how he hadn't figured it out by himself all this time. She was looking at Lexie flexing, like a lovesick puppy.

Whatever the blonde would give her, she'd take it. Unfortunately all she did give her was nutmegs.

This was the longest practice for him. But it was finally over, and he was free to go away from this messed up situation.

"Are we going for smoothies again?" Lexie asked. She was excited for them to sit down and get to know Jeremiah.

"You guys can go..." he was ready to say he was busy when his eyes found his favourite midfielder playing with her hands, knowing that she didn't have any excuse and she'd go. "But Kara and I have to stay a little longer here."

"You do?" Marina asked.

"Yeah, we need to work on her swiveling." Alex shrugged like he was bummed.

"Can't you do it another time?" Lexie looked at Kara.

"Sorry, Lex but I'm busy enough as it is." Alex replied for the brunette.

"It's just one time Lex. You guys go, we'll all get together another time."

Alex and Kara headed back inside the pitch while the rest of the people got in the cars and left.