Chapter 20 - Crisis

She doesn't really remember how she ended up at her hotel room.

She remembers telling Alex that she had to go right at this second, and him being worried and insisting to take her there himself. She doesn't remember how she convinced him that she'd be okay.

She took the uber and then called for a bodyguard to wait for her at the hotel.

Fans were aligned outside, shouting her name, snapping pictures but she didn't rose her head to see them once. She walked as fast as she could inside, glad for the protection the bodyguard was providing and she made her way towards Jade's room.

She didn't have to though, the girl was waiting for her in the lobby.

Perrie lunged for Jade's hug. She sunk into the tinier girl and she buried her face into her neck.

"Jade I've messed up" she managed between shaky breaths.

They hurriedly made their way towards the room.

Jade helped Perrie out of her heels and she gestured for her friend to sit down on the bed. Jade kneeled next to the bed to see her eyes better.

"What happened bubba? Did Alex do something?"

Perrie cried more. How could she do this to Alex too? How could she be so irresponsible? Jade mistook her reaction as confirmation though. "What did he do?" She asked in an icy voice.

"He didn't do anything. I did. I'm so stupid."

Jade stood up and hugged the girl again until she was breathing normally.

"Perrie," she sat beside her, "I need you to tell me what happened hun, I won't be able to help you if you don't."

Perrie knew she was right. And she knew she had to say everything, so she took a deep breath in and she started telling what happened.

"Shit" was Jade's reaction when the blonde was over.

"He's blackmailing me Jade. He wants 5 thousand dollars."

"And there's no way he's gonna stop at that." Jade added to the girl's fears. Perrie had stopped crying but she was still so panicked she couldn't think rationally.

"Alex doesn't even know he's dating a celebrity, and he's about to be Friday's front page."

"Perrie it won't come to that." Jade held Perrie's hand tightly. "Did you get the guy's name?" Perrie shook her head.

"Did you see the pictures? Was he bluffing?" Perrie hated all these questions. She knew they were necessary but she hated them and she hated that she had to answer them even more.

"He had pictures, I saw them." The younger woman saw the disappointment in her friend's face.

"Okay, we'll deal with this." Jade nodded trying to reassure Perrie and come up with a plan. "We won't let these pictures see the light of day. I promise." Silence fell between the two.

"Perrie, I need to call Sam." Perrie panicked at the mention of their manager.

"I have an idea, but she'll tell us for sure how we're gonna solve it. I need you to stay here for a minute while I'll make the call. You'll be fine, right?"

Perrie nodded and Jade went to work immediately.

Twenty minutes later Sam was at the room with them.

She asked pretty much the same questions Jade had. It was clear even in Perrie's foggy mind that Jade had told Sam not to blame Perrie. Because she could see the judgement in her eyes but the older woman never accused her.