Chapter 29 - Aftermath

~After the bar fight~

His head was aching as hell.

Alex was on the ground outside of the bar they were previously. He looked around, it took him a moment to focus but he took in the night air, the few cars that were parked and most importantly, the lack of Perrie.

He hit the ground with his fist and winced as he noticed his puffy red and ripped knuckles.

"Fuck" he cursed and then stood up. Everything turned for a moment but he found his footing.

Alex didn't really know how things got to this point. He couldn't believe that all this happened in less than thirty minutes.

Perrie now knew that he was a footballer, he was caught in a bar fight and Perrie had ran away.

How idiotic was he? Provoking the bloody man united hooligans? He knew better than that.

Especially with Perrie by his side... But when they said that he deserved the hell that he'd been through he couldn't think clearly, and then after the first punch was blown, there was no stopping this.

Alex gave much more than he took but he took enough blows.

He felt the metallic taste in his mouth all of a sudden and he spat out some blood. He might need some medical help.

But first he had to repair his relationship as much as he could.

He called Perrie.

No answer.

He called her again and same thing. The phone kept ringing then it'd stop.

Alex kept trying for a few minutes.

His head started spinning.

He knew he had received a quite heavy blow on the head. He needed to be checked by a doctor.

The bloodied man walked a few steps until he reached his car.

He unlocked it with much effort and he sat on the driver's seat with his feet out of the car.

He went on his phone catalogue again, but this time he didn't search for Perrie's number.

He pressed call and awaited for the other person to pick up their phone.

"Hey, I need your help."

"Coach, what happened?" The familiar voice of his favourite midfielder was heard through the phone.

"I need you to pick me up and drive me somewhere."

"Is everything okay?" The woman asked concerned.

"Kara, I need help. Can you help?" Alex didn't have it in him to explain everything over the phone.

The rest of the conversation was Kara asking him again and again what happened and him telling her where to find him.

She had reassured him that she'd come as fast as she could and now Alex was back to trying to reach his girlfriend.

But he had no luck.

Her phone was shut off after a few more of his calls. Just in time for a car's lights to fall on his car.

"Alex, are you okay?" Kara shut the door and ran towards her friend.

There was another door shut and behind the brunette a black woman following her. It took some time for Alex to focus and recognize her as Melissa.

"I think I need a doctor." The man mumbled as he squinted to see his friends more clearly.

"Alex," the brown eyed woman gasped, "who did this to you?"