Chapter 3 - Dirty Little Secret

Alex moved all the way to his house like his knee hadn't been bothering him at all. And the truth is he didn't feel any pain. Only joy was rushing through his body.

Things like these didn't happen. The universe was smiling to him and Alex was smiling back.

For a week he had been looking for her. He was searching for a needle in a haystack. And he had found it.

Now he wasn't one to believe in Destiny. How could he explain the accident if he believed? But this time around he was feeling like maybe there was some higher power at play here.

Because Perrie was better than he remembered her. She was funny and charming and hot. And from the thousands of dogs that could have stumbled at Alex's feet it was Perrie's that had done it. And now he had her number.

As he approached his house he saw his friend's car outside, that could only mean Matt was home.

So the tan man stormed through the living room to find his friend, fidgeting with his camera, he was a photographer after all. Alex jumped on the coffee table, it was extreme, but what had happened was extreme.

"Guess who's number is on this phone."

The enthusiasm in his voice tipped Matt off, who put the camera down.

"You can't be serious." Matt slowly stood up and Alex nodded while grinning.

"You got Perrie's number?" he screamed the word number and also jumped on the coffee table.

The two men hugged while jumping and then Matt jumped off and started chanting. He picked up Alex by his legs and starting around the room. "CHAMBO OLE OLE. CHAMBO OLE OLE" Alex laughed at the idiocy of his friend, while throwing his arms in the air, but he appreciated it more than he could say. He did feel like a champion so much so that his old nickname coming from his best friend didn't affect him. He just kept cheering and shouting while Matt moved him in the air.

"What in the hell?" a new voice was heard in the living room. Both men turned to look at the tall blonde petite woman with the green eyes.

"Hiya, lads."

"Hi, Georgie." Both men greeted while Matt let Alex's feet touch the ground again.

"Georgie, when did you return?" Alex asked as he wasn't celebrating like a mad man a few seconds ago.

Georgie giggled while answering "This morning. You feeling okay, there Ox?" They took a couple of minutes to catch each other up and for Matt to tell him that he didn't have any idea about Georgie's surprise.

Georgie and Matt had met each other as soon as Matt and Alex had moved to America.

It was a love at first sight, as Georgie likes to say.

Georgie was around their age and she was also British. She was working for a big international company that was branching from England to America. Thus Georgie had moved to Los Angeles and she was going back and forth in England. She had never expected to be like that, full of traveling, but she loved it so much.

For the two years that she and Matt were dating every time Georgie would be in town she would spend quite some time with Alex too. So much so, that Alex considered Georgie not only his friend but also his confidante. She was the first person other than his boss that he had told about his past. It ened up being a surprise not to her, though, but to him.

~flashback~

Georgie and Alex had been friends for a little more than six months at the time. They were at a party one night when Alex's knee started hurting him a lot. The curly haired man tried to keep his pain hidden but Matt and Georgie saw through him immediately.