Chapter 24 - Surprise

"Logan, mate, sit down with us." Alex patted the young bartender on the back while he was bringing over their smoothies.

Alex, Matt, the girls and a few additions had gathered up at their favourite beach bar after they were all done with work and they were having fun. It felt like years since Perrie had left for her trip, in reality it was closer to two weeks but Alex was missing her like crazy.

And in an effort to fill that void Alex had leaned on his friends quite a bit. He was pretty sure Matt had had enough of him already, but he never said anything. After all, Georgie was gone to, so he might even have appreciated the company.

"Yes, Logan, come with us, there's a seat right next to Marina." Kara joked.

But it was true, every time they would come Marina and Logan would flirt and make eye contact as much as they could. It was entertaining to see how long it would take until one of them made a move. Marina kicked Kara and accidentally Alex too under the table.

"Why am I always the one taking the hit?" he complained once Logan had told them he'd be right there as soon as he could.

"Sorry, ox, you were collateral damage." Everyone laughed

"I'm just glad, it's not me this time." Lex spoke up. "It's dangerous to sit next to Kara."

"Don't worry, babes. I'll protect you." Jeremiah wrapped his arm around Lex kissing her with a smack.

Yep

He was there too, unfortunately.

Alex heard the tiny sigh Kara left beside him but pretended he didn't.

"People prepare yourselves to see photos of us dressed all fancy and formal tomorrow." Matt started a new conversation. Everyone started asking why and what would happen when Matt explained.

"Ox here is treating me to a fancy gala, we're gonna get all dressed up go there take a few pictures and hopefully get some traction for my studio." Matt started telling more and more about what he would do and Alex almost felt bad for lying to his friend.

Tonight would be the surprise that Georgie had asked him to help with. Georgie had made sure that this night was the correct one, Alex had printed the tickets and he had even bought one of those plates that looked like bells to surprise him with. He had arranged for a double chocolate cake to be dropped by their house and he had bought all the ingredients he needed for the kitchen. As soon as they were done here Matt would head to his studio to get things done and Alex would do the best cooking of his life, as per Georgie's orders.

"Guys, you won't mind if I excuse myself for a while right?" Kara said once Matt was done "There has been some eye contact with tall dark and handsome behind you and I think I'm going to try my luck."

Lex huffed. Audibly.

"Is there a problem?" the brunette crossed her arms.

"No, of course not, you can go and ditch us one more time, you have an itch to scratch these days and you can't seem to find someone able to scratch it for you." Alex gasped silently.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kara raised her voice.

"Nothing." Lexie also crossed her arms.

"No, it clearly means something, so speak up." Everyone around them were silent now and anticipating the next move.

"Kara, let it go. Lex shut up." Mel tried to bring back peace.

"Yeah, I'll shut my mouth because I know how to." Kara was relentless and Alex didn't he had seen her so out of control as now.