ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟘 - 𝕌𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝔾𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥

A harsh breeze had mellowed like the weather that had calmed after a storm. She silently waited at the rendezvous where she told Haruko to come. She was looking at the horizon as the birds and leaves flew along with the breeze. A summer breeze was nearly warm, yet it was soothing for her to be in. She had come earlier than she was supposed to, an hour or so precisely, as she was given time to take a rest. She did not know why the sudden offer came, but she was grateful for the opportunity as it came on the same day that the siblings were rendezvousing at one of her favorite spots around Yokohama.

She perceived that the offer was handed to her as she was continuously working even on her free days. Kunikida viewed her as a workaholic person similar to himself. To her, it was one way to pass time, as she had nothing better to do outside the Agency walls. This excludes her ambling outside and delivering her letters, along with the young man who always wanted to meet her. Although their interactions have their benefits, she can minimize his interactions with violence, so she ought to take the time to spend with him even if it wasn't due to her willingness to do so.

It was more of a duty for her to be by his side when he approached her.

Rampo's words echoed in her little head, saying that she must be careful in his presence. She did not know what that implied, nor did she have a hunch on why she must be careful. Given the young man's stature, she never had a single doubt, as she knew that they get along well. It occurred to her that perhaps she was getting arrogant for having such a thought, yet she knew that she shouldn't underestimate him as she hasn't fully seen what he is truly capable of.

"Yo, (Y/n)." A familiar voice greeted from the distance. The luminescent sky had bestowed his features, giving her identification of his presence before her. It was none other than Sano Shinichiro. She was confused as to why he had appeared with such suddenness that she became stunned and perhaps shocked as her eyes dilated. Her lips parted, and she said, "What brings you here, Shinichiro-san?"

Shinichiro gave her a frown. He was not delighted with the girl's question. He raised his brow, as if to indicate the purpose of his gesture. He intentionally left an obvious remark as a sigh escaped his lips, ruffling his hair whilst sitting down beside the albino-haired detective. "I came here to check up on you." He said with his face contorted in a solemn expression. She already knew the purpose of his visit. However, she could not process immediately how suddenly his presence appeared before her.

"I am very well fine. I appreciate the effort of traveling here for my well-being." She gently said as she peered at the blue skies as clouds appeared to be scattering and being flown away by the wind. The ambience of the day did not fail her. It was soothing, and it felt that she was seemingly dreaming. She couldn't fathom that her heart had suddenly felt pounderous. She can't help that her instincts emit a light whisper that something—she couldn't seem to have an idea—could happen cruelly in a way that she least expected.

She wanted to eradicate such a thought.

"Manjiro's gang had appeared to be increasing its numbers recently. I heard that they managed to tarnish the reputation of the gang that you originally ruled. Does it not bother you?" Initiating a conversation with a topic at hand, this was the one that blinked in her mind. Somehow, she wanted a personal talk regarding the matter since she cannot overlook the dangers that will approach as Manjiro's reputation has been increasing at such a fast pace that even she couldn't even halt its popularity.

If she hadn't left for Yokohama, could she be able to halt the flames of what Manjiro had lit?

She knew that she couldn't.

"No, not exactly." Shinichiro left a light chuckle under his lips.

Even if their brother was also the president of a gang once, he was the one who instigated and encouraged Manjiro to lead his gang one day. She still wanted to hear his thoughts. Despite knowing that danger lingers with the growth of Manjiro's reputation, he would head on to something that can no longer be solved with a single flick of the finger. No doubt she was visibly concerned—even Shinichiro could see her eyes conflicted and undertoned with worry.