ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟝 - 𝕊𝕦𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕣

Somehow, she knew that even in the joyful atmosphere the Agency provided, she could fathom that the melancholy calling in her heart had dragged her to the place she wanted to visit.

Oda's Gravestone

Kunikida even yelled at her earlier to drag the pompous male back to their workplace. The bandage wasted-machine, who had skipped work as usual, (Y/n) had grown accustomed to it already, but Kunikida's endless, loud-toned scolding made her ears bleed metaphorically. That's why she tried her best to drag Dazai back to the Agency. Even in urgent meetings held by the president himself, he also skipped work. This aggravated Kunikida more. The phone that was placed in her pockets was vibrating and ringing. 'It's probably Kunikida-san', she thought as she gazed at the grave.

She placed her hand in her pockets to take her phone out, flipped it open, and pressed the button to accept his call. As she expected, it was her colleague. Before she was able to give him her greetings, Kunikida yelled something and scolded her for not bringing the said man in the allotted time that was given to her. That made her flinch. She explained briefly that she hadn't found the brunette and then politely asked to end the call so she could continue her important mission, which was dragging the wandering bandaged brunette back to the agency.

"I deeply apologize for my shortened visit, Odasaku-san. It wasn't planned, but I thought that Dazai-nii would be visiting you, or rather sitting beside you like he usually does." Her voice was sincere, and her eyes were softened by the melancholy atmosphere that had greeted her when she arrived here. "I'll be leaving now, Odasaku-san." She bowed respectfully as she left the cemetery, an apathetic facade on her face.

A familiar face had greeted her when she arrived in the shopping district. It was the same man with whom she had been conversing from time to time when they happened to meet up near her area. Despite the fact that she never stated where she lived, she would always wander around the shopping district near the Agency to avoid suspicion. Ranpo even had a jolly smile on his face, as she could be an errand girl when she tended to wander around or locate Dazai.

She had already knew that he deliberately came to find her, but he rather pretend that they were meeting with pure coincidence.

She isn't a fool.

"It was a pleasure to see you today, Nii-san." She greeted him with a small smile tinted on her face. The man placed a gleeful smile on his face. It was genuine enough that (Y/n) could feel guilt for putting her guard up when they were together, but it couldn't be helped. "Let's go somewhere today." He offered, his grin still on his face, his arm outstretched as if inviting her to join him. She did not know what he was planning to do if they went out together. The past few days were merely strolling around the city or inviting her to eat in a cafe with him treating her. She had always refused the gesture, but he was persistent in not letting her spend any, saying that she should save her own for something more significant than treating him to the cafe. She only arched her brow, thinking to herself that he should just tell him that, because they could both cut the budget in half.

"Forgive me, Nii-san, but I must decline your offer today. There is an important matter that I had to attend to." She apologized as her thoughts wandered. 'I should look into every river.'

The young man's lips resorted to a frown, but then he drew a sad smile. (Y/n) only smiled apologetically as she left, with an unspoken goodbye. Her thoughts transferred to the task at hand, and she proceeded, as the young man had become farther than where she was headed. She tried not to become more involved with him than she already was. Too many people who would recognize her presence would never take delight in it.