ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟛 - 𝔽𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝔼𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣

The underlying tension was inevitable between the four walls of the office. There forth, the president of the Armed Detective Agency, who was mentioned by Tanada that he is a man filled with integrity. It had been weeks since she left. All preparations for being one of the recommended people by Tanada Santoka were accomplished, although it took a while since Tanada hadn't met the young girl before. He had a discerning eye for those he encountered. Upon observing her for a couple of days, he encouraged the young girl that she hadn't unlocked her full potential and must do her best in the near future, which left (Y/n) in a state of confusion.

The president was in disbelief after the results of the exam were given to both Dazai and (Y/n). A stern gaze was directed at the both of them. After collecting information about the new recruits, it had given him suspicions as of late. There were no records of their past.

No record of their birth and all relevant information about their personal lives. All were swiped clean like a freshly cleaned window. As expected, both of them anticipated this beforehand, yet they show indifference. Dazai who let up his facade as (Y/n) only had a expressionless visage as they are simply awaiting for the man to utter. It had been several minutes upon their arrival as they had been showered by the man's stern gaze. Unsurprisingly, both of them weren't fazed.

She heard the doorknob being twisted where a man arrived. Perhaps in his twenties, as he also had that stern look on his face, but it differed from the gap of intimidation that radiated between the man and the president. The president radiated so much power that a normal person would be stunned and cower.

Despite the new presence of the man, she mentally sighed as her thoughts drifted towards Tokyo. She wondered about the daily activities of her siblings and also if they were doing well these past few weeks. She can't help but remember Manjiro's disheveled appearance when he wakes up and Emma's yelling throughout the corridors of the household, who is frequently scolding Manjiro and Shinichiro. But then she remembered that she had rendered him powerless against her. She could not help but feel the guilt, but she knew that the benefits of winning had led her to where she was now. It was also beneficial that she was able to see her own shortcomings; she had grown rusty after two years without vigorous training. She felt it was odd that she was feeling homesick despite the fact that Yokohama was originally her hometown.

She shook off her wandering thoughts and turned towards her reality. She scrutinized the man's features. The young man is tall and slim, with dirty blonde hair and deep green-grey eyes, along with his glasses neatly placed on his features. His bangs are parted to the right, and he has neat, yet spiky hair that culminates in a lengthy ponytail. His outfit consisted of a beige vest over a black long-sleeved dress shirt, a red ribbon wrapped into a bow around the collar, beige pants, and simple brown shoes. She had thought that he seemed like a stern teacher, as she noticed that a medium-sized notebook was resting on his hands.

Upon noticing the blond man, he immediately acknowledged their presence. The president had told them that he would be Dazai's partner as she was assigned to the clinic and appointed to assist the agency's doctor. She never anticipated that she would be given a mundane task. However, she did not make any complaints as she obliged to obey the president's words and left the room with his consent. Looking over the Agency's main office and the only office in Yokohama, it wasn't that spacious as the employees were rather countable by hand as it only accommodates less than a hundred people.

According to rumors, the agency's main staff consists of ability users. Could it be that she is also included? However, she speculated that she hadn't been considered as a member officially as their acceptance of the job was rather quick than she anticipated. She couldn't put her finger on it, but being skeptical about the matter and delving too deeply into her thoughts about it weren't going to help her with her questions.