ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟠 - 𝕁𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕝 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Cheering and yelling had engulfed the traditional walls as children had gobbled and some had filled their mouths with the feast, they took delight in under the darkened sky. It was not forgotten that Shinichiro will be celebrating his day of birth. He too was ecstatic, almost drowning themselves in the delicacies that lay in front of them.

(Y/n) only sat far away so that the crowd would not notice her existence as she sipped the juice that was tinted with a light peach-like color. She was only looking at the jovial atmosphere taking hold in the house. It has been a long time since she has seen the joyous smiles and grins on their faces as all she was occupied with these past few months was all relevant to paperwork and cases to solve. Along with the odd personalities possessed in each one of the gifted people in the Armed Detective Agency.

She noticed a figure walking in her direction. When she looked up and saw the figure's visage, it was none other than Shinichiro, with a grin that decorated his face and a drink in hand. He sat beside her with an exhausted sigh on his lips. "You seem to enjoy your day today, Shinichiro-san," she said as she lifted the glass and causally let the liquid roam in a circular motion. From a far distance, it would misunderstand that she had liquor in her hands. Everyone knew that she always acted so maturely despite her age and everyone who knew her was already accustomed to it.

"Yeah, I am already enjoying my day to the fullest." He remarked that (Y/n) only hummed in response and then looked at his face with a glance.

"You don't seem like it." She mumbled in protest as she stood up from her seat and placed the glass in the kitchen sink. Shinichiro did not hear what she had said as the room filled with noise. People chattering, drinks clanking, laughter roaring and the unfailing sound of the children's noisily eating on the table. Her brows furrowed as she recalled the eyes, he reflected other than the happiness that consumed his outward appearance, a facade that she hadn't failed in detecting. His eyes reflected electronic bolts, igniting the troubled areas on his mind, and it was only by the clicking of his eyes that she realized something wasn't right. She hadn't dared to ask. Even she felt perturbed by the feeling she had, despite the fact that the one who was troubled was none other than the raven-haired celebrant.

She left the room as she felt that she shouldn't have said what she observed. Maybe she will be the reason that Shinichiro's day will be spoiled by how frank she is and how blunt she is when she feels like something needs to be said.

She breathed out as she crouched down when she arrived at the small pond that was located outside but still connected to their residence. She threw a pebble into the pond, but it only ended up bouncing towards the boulder from the opposite side, causing it to bounce elsewhere. "What are you doin' here? The celebration is inside." A voice came in as a deliberate stomp was heading toward her. She slowly directed her head to the voice. It was Draken, one of the friends that Manjiro was with. He had been his friend long before she joined this family.

They have never conversed with one another, often taking a glance at one another, without saying a word. She knew that his eyes had been set to Emma, Emma too had a small crush on the blond tattooed boy. She never knew why she developed such feelings for this particular blond, it was still a mystery to her. Somehow, she is amused on what the future might be to the two of them who unknowingly shared hearts with their shyness and secretive selves hindered their feelings to be freely expressed to one another.

"Does it matter to you? I came here to give myself a breath of fresh air, nothing more." She coldly responded as she threw another pebble across the pond.

"It doesn't matter to me, but it matters to Shinichiro." He retorted with a voice as deep as it could be.

She only breathed out a deep, exasperated sigh. She abruptly stood up and gazed upon him with her blue oceanic eyes staring coldly into his charcoal eyes. "I shall be there for a moment. If you mind, I would prefer to bask myself in solitude." She sighed as she smiled forcefully. Draken only nodded his head in response as he only left her there at the pond, just the way she wanted.