part 36

My legs were tired. Tory had dragged all of us, including Mason, Enzo, and even Nico, around the store as we walked from one store to the next. An hour had passed, and the boys were becoming increasingly frustrated with our indecisiveness.

While the boys went to the food court, I followed Tory to this small boutique. She looked at the nearest rack, flicking through the dresses until her eyes were drawn to a particular teal blue dress.

"Oh my god, this is it." She smiled as she removed the dress from the rack.

"What's the occasion?" I was curious about where she planned to wear a dress.

"Nowhere," she shrugged, "I just like coming in and trying on dresses."

"You should try one on." She encouraged me. I was hesitant to try on dresses.

"C'mon." She added. I shook my head before she took a dress from the rack and handed it to me. It was a long black gown with an open-heart neckline.

There was no denying that it was stunning. As I grabbed the hanger, I sighed and relaxed my shoulders.

"Wait-"

Tory began to say, "Don't forget about the heels!" We moved over to the back of the store, where racks of heels were positioned against a wall for display. Tory looked at the wall of heels before grabbing a pair and rushing to the dressing rooms.

My eyes landed on these tall, inch-high black heels as I searched for the perfect pair. I grabbed them before doing the same and walking to the dressing rooms.

I undressed and took off my clothes, setting my shirt, hoodie, and jeans aside.

Unzipping the back of the dress and inserting my feet, adjusting it, and pulling it up and over my body

I started zipping it up, and as I turned around, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and as I did, a smile broke out, and I reached for my hair clip, letting my hair fall and fixing up my wispy hair.

I heard voices outside the dressing room but didn't think much of it. I heard a voice knocking on my dressing door.

"Mila?" Tory's voice asked.

"Mhmm.." I responded as I put on my heels.

"Let me see!" She spoke

I listened and unlocked the door, slipping out of the dressing room.

I looked over at her and saw the dress and heels that she tried on were now in a little pink bag, signaling that she had purchased them.

Tory exclaimed in awe, "Wow."

"Don't you think she looks amazing?" She asked, turning her gaze behind her.

I took a step outside, closing the door behind me, to get a better look at who was there. It was Nico who stood against the wall, looking down at his phone. He broke his gaze as he heard Tory ask again.

"Hmmm?" He mumbled before parting his lips and staring at me from head to toe.

"Um— yeah," He paused, scratching the back of his neck. "You look-" I raised an eyebrow. "Good," he finished saying.

"You have to buy this dress!" I hadn't seen the price tag, and even though I now had a job, I wasn't about to spend money on a dress I would never wear. So, for the time being, all I did was play dress up.

I turned to face Nico, who gave me a smirk before turning away.

"I don't need it," I told her. She nodded and said, "I'll just take a quick look at the clearance rack before I go." I nodded as she walked away. When I felt a hand on my waist, I was stopped from entering the changing room.

I turned around, craning my neck and meeting Nico's eyes as I felt his large hand on my waist.

"The dress looks nice," he said softly into my ear.

"But it would be better if it were off." My mouth dropped open, and my eyes widened. He went on, connecting his lips to mine, and I relaxed into his touch, our lips molding together.

"Are you ready, guys?" Hearing Tory's voice call from the other end of the hall, Nico and I split up.

I pulled Nico in and locked the dressing room door. "What happened to Nico?" She asked

"Oh-" I lost my train of thought as I felt Nico begin to place kisses down my neck, landing on my soft spot.

"I-I think he said he was going to use the bathroom." I made up. "He said something about having really bad diarrhea."

"Um-ok. Well, I'm going to go to the store next door. Meet me there?"

I nodded when I realized she couldn't see me. "Sure, I'll meet you there."

Hearing the faint footsteps, I dropped my hands to my sides, releasing a sigh, and removed my hand from Nico, all while feeling my racing heart return to normal.

That was a close call.

"Now where were we?" Nico said in a low, husky whisper as he set out to remove the dress off me.