part 2

I woke up the next day to an empty house. Around noon, I walked downstairs. As I entered the kitchen, I noticed a sticky note written in neat handwriting. Their schedule was written on the note. I tossed the note in the trash and reminded myself that Dan, or anyone for that matter, wouldn't be home until four o'clock.

It gave me plenty of time to unwind and watch TV in peace, which is how I spent all my time—sitting on the couch as my favorite movie played on the TV. I was about to start watching the next episode when I heard the door pound loudly. I became worried about who might be at the door. I looked through the peephole and saw Enzo standing at the door.

"You have to help me." I was at a loss for words and had no idea what to say. "I need to stay here so I don't have to deal with Nico." "He's so annoying," he complained as he stepped into the house, walked over to the couch, and sat down.

"Shouldn't you be used to it by now?" My curiosity grew as I asked, closing the door and sitting back on the couch where I was.

"Yeah, but..." Enzo began, but stopped to grab a handful of the popcorn I had popped. "He's having relationship problems and is constantly whining and being grumpy."

"So that's why I need to stay here." He added

"I guess you can, but..." Enzo looked at me as if expecting me to say something outrageous.

"Just don't eat all of the popcorn." He gave me a smile and a nod. I pressed play on the next episode, and while he scrolled on his phone, he occasionally looked up at the television until he decided to put his phone down and turn his full attention to the TV.

"No way!" He shouted, "Haze and Rome?!?" He grew excited and looked at me, completely baffled. I was amused by his reaction as the movie played on the large screen.

I'm too busy laughing at Enzo's reaction to hear the doorbell ring, but when it does again, I look at my phone to see the time, and I know it's not Wendy or Dan.

I opened the door slightly and looked through the small crack, where I saw Rude-Boy in plain sight.

His casual clothing made him look at ease and calm, but his expression screamed otherwise. He wore gray joggers and a plain black hoodie.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm here for Enzo," he replied.

"Sorry, he's not here." I lied.

"I can literally hear him yelling from outside. I know he's here."

"Sorry, you're wrong."

As he waved his phone around, he remarked. "His location is on."

"I'm surprised your phone still functions," I teased. After yesterday's events, I wouldn't be shocked to find out if his phone was broken and unable to turn on.

"Funny," he said, forcing a smile that revealed his perfect teeth. "Let me in now."

"He's not here." "I'm serious." I lied. Rude Boy sighed, rolling his eyes.

As he was about to turn around, he heard laughter coming from the living room.

"Fuck," I muttered to myself. Rude Boy raised an eyebrow.

"What were you saying?" My turn had come, and I rolled my eyes. I rushed to close the door, but it was too late; he pushed it open and walked in. What's with these boys just strolling in like nothing?

"Mila, you should rewind this part because it's hilarious," Enzo remarked while completely unaware of the situation.

"Enzo!" Rude-boy shouted, breaking Enzo out of his little world. Enzo snapped his head back and turned to face his brother, then me.