part 15

Following Friday's movie night, Enzo mentioned a pool party on Sunday. Saturday was spent with Tory, who helped me in my search for a bathing suit, which seemed to be more difficult since they were still out of season.

We spent hours walking around the mall until we came across a sports store. I was fortunate to come across a small rack of suits. I scanned the rack before settling on a baby blue two-piece. After we found what we were looking for, we relaxed by getting mani-pedis. I chose a classic nude color.

Saturday had come and gone. We were packed into one car at this point, around three o'clock in the evening.

As Nico drove and Mason was his passenger, I sat in the back with Enzo and Tory. It was similar to how we sat on the way to the beach when I first met them—it was our assigned seating in a way.

Instead of driving three hours out of town, we drove 10 minutes to this guy's house who was on the soccer team and who I later discovered was childhood friends with the Valore brothers.

We arrived at the driveway, where several cars were parked. Enzo had mentioned earlier that it was a small gathering, and from the looks of it when we entered the large house, it was scattered with a group of people walking around the house.

"You guys made it!" A boy with curly hair said I smiled at his energetic smile and energy.

He signaled to the back of the house, where the pool was. "Just wait a bit; I set the temperature now since it was a bit cold." We all nodded and continued our way to the back patio.

The house was beautiful both inside and out. The back poolside amazed me; there were a few lounge chairs near the pool, a small outdoor kitchen in the corner of the patio, and most of a large pool with a waterfall stream.

I looked behind me, expecting to see Tory, but she had gone somewhere with Mason. I sat down in one of the lounge chairs, set my bag down, and took out a bottle of sunscreen to apply to my tanned skin. I sat in the chair, put on my sunglasses, and blocked out the sun.

I was scrolling through my phone, but as time passed, I took out my book from my bag and started reading while music played in the background. The backyard of the house quickly filled up, and more people made their way to the poolside. Some even go so far as to cannonball inside.

I lowered my book and looked up to see Nico walk out of the house and into the backyard through the large glass doors. I ignored him, but I couldn't help but overhear the girl sitting two chairs next to me telling her friend how hot he was. I put my book down and closed it, tossing it to the side and looking for myself. He began to remove his white shirt, revealing his chiseled body while wearing navy shorts. As they began to undress him in front of their eyes, both of them let out a gasp. only if they knew his personality and how rude he was.

It was getting hot; sitting in the sun was making me sweat, and according to my phone, it was now close to 90 degrees. I began by removing my tank top, revealing my baby blue bathing suit top. As I returned to sunbathing, I tossed the shirt into my bag and reapplied sunscreen to my chest and arms.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply to relax. I'm not sure how it happened, but after a while of closing my eyes, I fell asleep.

***

When the speaker made a loud squeaking sound, I was startled awake. I was a little disoriented and thirsty. I took a look around to take in my surroundings. I was wearing a dark navy towel to protect myself from the sun, which I set aside once I got out of the lounge chair and walked over to the outside kitchen area, where a cooler was filled with a variety of drinks. I grabbed a bottle of water and walked back to my chair. I was so thirsty.