174 - The Damned Demon Queen

"What...the fuck?" I muttered to myself, clutching at my chest. I felt so...empty.

My armor disappeared, leaving me alone in my normal, civilian clothes.

"She took the piece of your soul which housed Loki." Medea stated. "Shit. Your soul's unstable..."

So...

I'm dying.

"...yes." Medea reluctantly admitted. "You have to get Loki back or you will die. And with how unstable your soul is...you can't use the power of the Four Great Sage unless you want to destroy every atom of your body and soul."

I glared at Azeroth, who just continued to grin at me. She gripped her smooth, black blade, and dashed towards me with a dangerous grin across her face.

I summoned Medea in one hand, and in my other hand a green glow started to appear. I shot a green blast of pure mana at Azeroth, but she quickly dashed around it and still approached me with a swing towards my head.

I ducked under it, only to be caught by Azeroth's fist and sent flying backwards. I crashed against the ground, quickly getting up before Azeroth could reach me again.

I tried to summon Loki, but I felt no connection.

He was just...gone.

I couldn't use any of my tiers. Except for one. I could feel my green lightning course through me as I was energized once again.

Since this isn't directly from Loki, rather from my very odd heritage.

So I can only use this and Medea. I'll have to make this work. It's a good thing I trained with Medea recently.

I have to end this here.

Azeroth was shortly upon me as I recovered from the last punch. I dodged the next punch, paying close attention to her strikes and movement. I can't copy her fighting style, but that doesn't mean I can't observe it.

I ducked under her sword, and in my free hand I summoned a basic sword. Using a spell from Medea, I could structure mana into basic weapons.

As Azeroth swung her next attack I blocked it, only for the blade to shatter in my hands. As she swung again, I had to summon another basic sword only for it to shatter as well.

They aren't nearly as strong as an Arcana, and it seems Azeroth's weapon is on that level.

Azeroth suddenly sent a flurry of attacks which I barely was able to dodge and block due to all of my close combat training with Amber.

If she lands one strike on me with that sword, it's over.

I can't allow that to happen.

"Impressive." Azeroth stated, taking a step back as she licked her lips wickedly. She walked around me, as if she was a predator stalking her prey.

"For a trickster, you're quite adept at close quarters combat." Azeroth continued. "Amber taught you that, didn't she? I wonder how fun it'll be to spill her guts in front of you..."

"The name's Amber Taiyou. Nice to meet'cha." She greeted.

"You're pretty good! But you need more strength. You got some noodle arms." She stated. "I totally won this one."

"You won't lay a fucking hand on her." I hissed.

"Then come and stop me." Azeroth sickeningly grinned.

I felt more energized than ever with the lightning coursing through my veins. Even more so than when I had fought anyone else. Maybe adrenaline was helping. Maybe it was my rage.