155 - Becoming An Apprentice

"Yes! Finally!" I screamed with joy.

Looking at my updated adventurer card, I had finally gotten Medea to level up a damn tier after so long of nothing.

Loki. S Rank.

Tier 1 - Fire Element

Tier 2 - Trickster God's Spirit

Tier 3 - Disguise

Tier 4 - Copycat

Tier 5 - Shapeshift

Tier 6 - Asgardian Armor

Tier 7 - Chaos Lightning

Tier 8 - Amplification

Tier 9 - Steal

Tier 10 - King of Rifts

Medea. ? Rank.

Tier 1 - Mana Manipulation

Tier 2 - Soul Snatcher

Tier 3 - Grimoire of Spells

"I can't believe you actually tiered up from beating a person to death with my book..." Medea sighed in disappointment. "That's not how you use a Grimoire."

Speaking of Grimoires, what does this Tier 3 mean?

"My book is my physical manifestation, as you know. It takes the form of my Grimoire which I used back when I was alive. It was filled with all of my spells, recipes, and more." Medea informed. "It likely is referencing that."

"That could be OP." Loki commented. "Considering how strong Ken already is in physical force. If he dominates the magical side as well..."

This sounds quite exciting. Let's see what we have then.

Summoning the book, I paused at its appearance. It didn't look the same as when I used it to beat that guy. It now had a black cover with green embroidery, with a shut eye on the cover. Like, an actual eye that was attached to the book. It was kind of creepy.

"What's this...?" Loki questioned.

"I see." Medea mused. "It is no longer my Grimoire. Your new skill has transferred ownership. This Grimoire is now yours, and as such has manifested in a new form."

Are you alright with that?

"Of course." Medea stated, a smile in her voice. "I have no use of it now. It is only right that it goes to my apprentice."

"Your apprentice? He's MY apprentice! I was first!" Loki argued.

"Yes yes, of course he is." Medea sighed. I could hear the eye-roll in that sentence.

"Don't give me that sass!" Loki growled.

As the two devolved into another argument, I ignored them and slowly opened the Grimoire. Nothing happened, and to my confusion the pages were blank. I quickly skimmed through all of them, but not a single piece of writing was inside. Every page was blank.

"...that's odd." Medea stated. "I guess you have to start from scratch."

But I don't know how to make spells or potions...

"Well, you have a perfectly capable witch right here." Medea stated.

"And don't forget that I'm a god of magic." Loki added. "If anybody knows spells, it's me."

Thanks, you two. I need to get stronger in preparation for that other Demon Lord Azaroth or whatever now that he's sent minions to our world already.

A knock suddenly rang on my door, shaking me out of my thoughts. I dispersed the empty Grimoire, opening the door to see a maid. She immediately bowed.