129 - Failed Negotiations

One of the maids lunged forwards, a katana in her hands. I sidestepped her thrust, putting my foot out and tripping her.

As she fell I grabbed the back of her head, accelerating into the table. I smashed it onto the table, rendering her unconscious.

"Anybody else?" I grinned.

"Aaron?! What the hell?!" Shouted Julia.

"He's being a disturbance." Aaron countered.

Another maid ran at me, with a knife in her hand. She sent a slash which I easily dodged. She continued to slice at me, missing every one.

I caught her hand holding the knife, sending my foot into her stomach.  She flew backwards, one of the other servants catching her.

"Hey!" Darin yelled, standing up. "What the hell are you doing you barbarian?!"

"If anyone's a barbarian it's you." I replied. "Really, it's no surprise you bonded to Lancelot. You both like going after taken women."

Darin extended his arm, a purple European sword manifesting itself in his hands.

"This is a diplomatic meeting you have no say in." He growled.

"No, I'm pretty sure I have a say." I countered.

Darin lunged towards me. Oh, it was going to be easy to knock him away. I was about to summon Loki when Erica abruptly stood up.

With a brilliant flash of light Excalibur manifested in her hands, blocking Darin's attack. Everybody looked at the blade in shock.

"It's...beautiful..." Julia voiced out everybody's thoughts.

"Don't. Touch. Him." Erica growled, a dark look in her face. She shoved Darin back, making him stumble backwards in shock. Erica got into a sword stance, facing Darin. She stared at him with angry eyes.

"Erica...what are you doing?" Questioned Aaron, narrowing his eyes at her daughter.

"I'm doing what I want for once." Erica spat out.

"Erica!" Aaron slammed his fist onto the table. "You don't understand the importance of this!"

"I don't care." She growled.

"Look, arranged marriages are a thing of the past." I stated. "And they should stay that way. Do we really have to make this hard?"

Aaron stared at me with ferocious eyes. "You...you're ruining everything. Servants...kill him."

"Aaron?! What the hell are you doing?!" Yelled Julia.

"Shut up!" He growled. "This is my order as the head of the Arthurson family! Kill him!"

Darin scowled at Erica, quickly approaching her.  He sent a slash which she easily deflected. As they continued in their clash of swords, it was obvious that Erica was stronger and more refined with her movements.

The attendant wielding the mace approached me, looking at me with sad eyes. It was her duty to follow him, even if she didn't completely agree.

She swung her heavy mace towards me. I dodged the mace, leaving her vulnerable. I gripped the collar of her outfit, using it to throw her towards another.

A butler with a sword tried to cut off my head. I ducked under, slamming a fist into his sacred place. He keeled over in pain, allowing me to send a kick to his face and leave him knocked out.