178 - On The Other Side

(Erica Alter POV)

"KEN!" The girls screamed.

Ken Kage and Azeroth disappeared through a portal which opened underneath their feet, now fighting in who knows where.

"Ken...pulling this move again..." Iris growled.

"We'll punish him later. After we congratulate him." Irene stated.

Congratulate? They have that much faith in him? To think that he can take on that monster himself?

I wasn't even close.

I hate it. I'm here, with the others...but they're different than the ones I knew. While they're mostly the same, they're stronger...crazier...more obsessive.

And Irene is alive. I remember when she was murdered in front of that crowd. It was traumatizing for many. Especially for her own sister.

But here, they were fine. Irene was alive. Iris never went through that horror. But how?

Because they all had fallen so deeply for this Ken Kage. And now, while heads over heels, they think he is invincible.

He's strong, there's no doubt about that. He beat me. But I don't think even he can take on Azeroth by himself.

And while I think all of us could take Azeroth out if we worked together, I don't think anyone has a way to get to them. Let alone the fact that there are still thousands of these strange hawk people flying down from that portal.

Looking up at the sky, it reminded me of that day.

The day my world fell.

I won't let this one fall either.

Suddenly I was in the colosseum Azeroth loved so much. Ken faced Azeroth, noticeably without his armor, with a girl looking very similar to me chained up in the stands, watching with tears in her eyes.

Ken was battered, and seemingly tired, glaring at Azeroth. He suddenly started to raise his hand, focusing intently as his arm started to violently shake.

"LOKI!" His scream rang throughout the colosseum as he threw his hand up. A dark blur flew from where the girl was chained, breaking her shackles. It flew through the sky, before flying down into Ken's hand at the speed of a rocket.

And a green light rocked my view.

Was that...a vision?

My head lightly throbbed. Was that what was happening with Ken? And that girl...

I shook the thought away for now.

I summoned Excalibur in my hand, staring down at it. My mind was empty. It had been forever since the last time I had heard Arthur talk. When she was corrupted by Azeroth, he left.

Maybe it was to help me. Or to save himself. I wasn't sure. But it was times like this that made me miss his regal voice and his amazing tactics.

And his very bad sense of humor.

"We need to take those things out." Amber cracked her knuckles. "What's the plan? Run through the city like last time?"

"No." Irene replied. "We have more resources than before. More forces. I am spreading us around the city. We need to get people to safe houses, save as many as possible."

Bianca and Aoi nodded.

"Xena." Lily spoke. "Stick with me until we get you to a safe house."

"But I want to help." Xena pouted.