126 - It's About Family

I stood in front of the two beds. On it were two empty people. Goku and Brandon. Or at least, their bodies without the souls.

Behind me was everybody else, including Mom who had tagged along. After our brief moment of reunion, it was time to return these souls to their rightful owners.

It's not your time yet. And it doesn't matter if I get to decide that or not, because I'm going to do it anyway.

"Are you sure this will work?" Emi worriedly asked.

"I'm not sure." I stated. "Never done this before. But we have to try."

I placed their souls on their chests, lightly pushing them back into their bodies. Nothing seemed to change as they laid there, alive but asleep.

I crossed my fingers, praying that in any moment it would work and they would wake up. That in any moment they would return.

And then a gasp rang through the air. Brandon jerked upwards, eyes wide and taking desperate breaths. He looked down at himself, quickly patting his body.

"I'm alive." He muttered.

"Brandon!" Emi gasped in relief. She jumped onto him, holding him tight to her chest.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She looked towards me with teary eyes and a voice full of happiness.

"You're welcome. But if you don't stop you're going to kill him again." I pointed out. Emi finally recognized Brandon lightly smacking her shoulders to let him go.

"Ah!" She gasped, letting him go and letting him breathe once more. "Sorry!"

"It's...fine..." Brandon gasped out. "Emi...what's going on...?"

"It's over." Emi smiled. "Everything is over."

"You're going to have to be more descriptive. Is the world ending? Why are you smiling?" Brandon asked.

"I'll explain later." Emi lightly smiled.

"Brother." Bianca emotionlessly said, looking at him.

"Bianca." He said. "Are you alright?"

"Yes." Bianca nodded. A single tear ran down her face. To be honest, it looked kind of odd since she didn't look sad, her face as stoic as ever.

A smile grew on Brandon's face. He outstretched his arms. "Come here." Bianca shuffled inbetween his arms. He wrapped them around her, giving her a hug.

"It's okay." He comforted her. "I'm okay now, and I'll be more careful next time."

"...okay." Bianca nodded, wiping the tears from her eyes.

That's nice. I felt a small smile grow on my face due to the reunion. It was nice to see them happy.

Another gasp entered my ears as Goku jerked awake. "Ah?! What's going on?!" He yelled.

"Did you have to scream?" I replied, looking at him.

"Oh, Ken. Hello." He said, calming down. "Wait, what's going on?"

"It's over." Principal smiled. "Ken killed the Demon King." She patted me on the shoulder.

"The Demon King...?" Brandon asked confused. "The one from the legends?"

"I'll fill you in later." Emi restated.

"I'm so confused..." Brandon stated, holding his head.

"You did?" Goku gasped. "Wow....good job Ken. Good job. Is everyone alright?"