137 - Aftermath Of War

I guess I had no reason to be worried. By the time Lily, Xena and I had made it to where Erica was fighting Darien, it was already over.

Aaron was laying on the floor, Avalon resting on his chest. It was healing a nasty wound on his face. Erica sat next to him, panting but seemingly okay. The were just outside of a burning building which was currently collapsing.

"Erica!" I called out.

She looked over, giving us a small smile. "I...did it."

"Did what?" I asked.

"She defeated Darien." Aaron stated, sitting up. The wound on his face was almost completely healed. "And I assume Darin and Jill as well?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

"So Jill was involved." I replied.

"She was." Erica sighed.

"Well, good job. You did great." I stated, patting Erica on her head. She relaxed into the hand, sighing contently.

To have defeated someone who was almost an S Rank Adventurer in a direct confrontation...that's incredible.

"So...what's with the child?" Aaron asked.

"This is Xena." Lily stated, setting her on the ground.

"Hello." She meekly nodded to Erica and Aaron.

"Hello." Aaron and Erica replied.

"You can understand her?" I questioned, looking at Aaron.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be able to? She's speaking English." Aaron replied.

"That's...weird." I stated. "To Lily and I, we hear her speaking Japanese."

I looked at Xena. "What language are you speaking? What language do you hear us saying?"

"English." Xena stated.

"Interesting...some sort of passive translation like ability..." I mumbled.

"Is...is that bad?" She meekly asked.

"No, it isn't." I smiled at her, patting her on the head. "It's actually pretty cool."

However, I was confused. She's shown two different abilities, suggesting that she is at least Tier 2. But has she even had time to train her Arcana? It was just unlocked...

I need to ask Irene about this.

We headed back to the Arthurson house, leaving the burning building as police sirens started to ring in the distance.

Julia was relieved to see us all come back safe. While a little upset about the news of Jill, she understood that it wasn't meant to be.

Julia had already sent Aaron and Erica to their rooms so that they could rest after everything that had happened, leaving the four us alone downstairs.

"Please, stay here for the night." Julia asked Lily, Xena and I. "In case there are still loyal Du Lac servants...I'd feel better if you were here as well."

"What is it?" Lily asked me.

"She wants us to stay here tonight." I told her.

"Oh, okay." Lily nodded. "It's fine with me."

"Okay." I nodded. I looked back at Julia, switching back to English. "We're fine with staying here tonight."

"Thank you." She smiled towards us. She looked down at Xena, who was attached to Lily's leg. "I'm glad you're safe."