166 - Tempus - The Land Of Time

With the new spell from Medea I was able to feel that tug on my heart leading me towards Erica. I can see that line when I close my eyes. With that in mind, I should hopefully be able to take us right to the world which Erica is.

The world which Azeroth must be in as well.

Using Loki, I sliced through the air and tore a rift into reality. Bianca, Yui, Amber, Aoi, and I all gave the others one final wave, before we stepped through the portal.

Once again, it was like walking through a door, but everything was different on the other side. First thing was the cool air I was met with. It wasn't cold, but it closer to a chill autumn breeze. We stepped onto a strange, soft material with first entry. As soon as I looked down I realized that they looked like clouds. We were somehow standing on clouds?

"Woah, what is this place?" Yui gasped, looking to the sky. We all looked up in awe at the sight above us.

The sky was blanketed with a thick fog. Not like the cloud things we were standing on, but a dense, misty fog. You couldn't see past it, but the sun did shine through a murky gray. Through the mist poked out various clocks. They looked large from all the way down here. They must be huge.

"But why though?" Medea asked.

"Why not?" Loki shrugged.

"What is going on here?" Amber questioned.

"This area...is strange." Bianca stated. Aoi nodded her head in agreement.

I looked around at our surroundings, seeing multiple other clouds. They really did look like normal clouds, but for some reason we could stand on them. Even more so, on the other clouds were beautiful, white-chiseled buildings. They looked like Greek architecture, but back in its prime. Instead of the ruins that exist today.

There were various buildings in all of the same style on the clouds, but one of them really caught the eye. It looked like the famous colosseum, except it was in that same clean, pearly white as the rest of the buildings.

The whole area just looked amazing. And in the far distance you could see even more clouds, but it was tough to tell if anything stood above them. But if we are on clouds, then what's down below? Will this be like that last place?

We were currently on a smaller cloud with no buildings on it. I walked over to the ledge, peeking over just to see the air continue downwards, before fading past the eye's vision. I couldn't see any ground at all, water or land.

How high were we?

"I don't like this..." Amber shivered. "If the heights of the last place wasn't enough, this is even worse."

"It'll be ok." I reassured her. "Now let's go find Erica."

I didn't even need to close my eyes to follow the line. I watched it trail all the way to the largest building, the grand colosseum. Of fucking course that is where she was taken.

"Our destination is that building." I pointed at the large building. "Yui, be ready to heal if somebody gets injured. Amber and Bianca, be ready to fight. And Aoi, if there is anything that requires stealth, I'm counting on you."

"Yes sir." Amber playfully hit my shoulder.

"Yes sir~" Yui giggled. Bianca and Aoi simply just nodded in agreement.

"But how are we getting over?" Amber asked, looking at the nearest cloud. Unlike ours, it was actually quite a larger one which held quite a few buildings.

Bianca stepped forwards to the edge of the cloud, slamming her staff into it. The edge of the cloud was frosted over, and an icy bridge started to grow towards the next cloud, before it connected.

"Quickly." Bianca stated. "Don't slip."

"I hate this." Amber grumbled. She hesitated, before stepping onto the bridge. Aoi went on behind her, gripping her hand. Amber looked at Aoi for a second, before a warm smile appeared on her face. "Thank you."

Yui watched nervously as Amber and Aoi carefully walked across the bridge. As soon as they made it I got on, picking up Yui and putting her onto my back.

"Hey! I can do it!" Yui protested.

"This is quicker." I smirked. I ran onto the bridge as Yui shrieked, sliding across it and making it to the other side.

Bianca made ice skates out of ice on her feet, and easily skated back to us. I set Yui down, who looked at the cloud while breathing heavy breaths. Uh oh She slowly looked up to me, only to reveal an excited and happy face.

"That was amazing..." She giggled.

I don't think I will ever understand this short sadomasochistic healer.

"Hey! Who are you guys?!" A person walked out of the first building in front of us as the ice bridge behind us melted away. He looked like a normal human, other than the hawk wings on his back.

"Quiet." I ordered, quickly appearing in front of him. He almost screamed in surprise, but froze instead as I summoned Loki and pressed the cold blade against his neck.

I feel kind of bad about just threatening this random guy, but I'm not trusting a damn soul in this world. Not after they took Erica here.

"Where are we?" I asked him firmly. "Tell me quietly."

"T-The city of Tempus..." The man nervously whispered.

Interesting, doesn't really tell me much.

"Do you follow Azeroth?" I questioned. "And tell me the truth or you'll regret it."

"Y-yes." He slowly nodded.

"Where is Azeroth?" I asked.

"I-I don't know..." He muttered.

I pressed the blade against his skin a little, leaving a small red line. "Where. Is. Azeroth. I am not in the mood for games." I coldly stated.

"I-I don't know!" He frantically whisper-yelled, almost on the verge of tears.

"Fine." I spat. "Then what is that big building over there?"

"That's the arena..." The man stated.

"The arena, huh." I replied. No wonder it looks like a colosseum then. "Thank you for your time."

I gripped his face. He gasped as tears flowed down his eyes, expecting something like a skull crush or flames to incinerate him.

"Tha xechásei." I whispered.

His eyes widened for a second, before fluttering to a close as he dropped onto the ground. I grabbed his body and laid it next to the building. That should put him in a good sleep.

"You could've just killed him." Yui suggested.

"I don't know how faithful these people are to Azeroth." I stated, remembering his tears. "But if they did anything to Erica...they'll get hell."

"Erica is fine. She's strong." Amber laughed. "It's getting tough to beat her in fights now. She can handle herself. We just need to retrieve her."

Bianca and Aoi nodded once again in sync, it was starting to get kind of creepy.

"Thanks." I grinned.

I turned back towards the colosseum. It was time to get my girlfriend back. And Azeroth was going to pay.

It's funny, things seemed so simple in this moment despite the strange circumstances. I had no idea just how crazy things would become.