153 - Train Trouble

When the first day back ended, Aoi and I headed back to my house to pick Xena. Well, not that Aoi knew that.

Erica, Yui, Amber, Lily, and Iris wanted to come with us as well, but it would then end up devolving into a big date and I wouldn't end up giving Aoi a tour.

That would lead to an earful from Principal and I'd rather not have one of those tomorrow. I'd rather save my ears from death.

So I ended up ditching them. I'll make it up to them later.

"The Aegis Mansion." Aoi noted. "This is where you live."

"Yeah. She's inside. Let me go grab her." I stated.

"Irene?" Aoi questioned.

"Nah. You'll see." I smirked.

I walked up to the door, nodding to the two guards, who bowed at my entrance. Immediately opening the door and walking inside, I heard the frantic light footsteps of a young child. Xena crashed into my side, tightly hugging onto me.

"Papa!" She happily said. "You're back!"

"I am." I smiled. "Did you have a good first day of school?"

"It was okay." Xena stated. "The other kids were alright. It wasn't as fun as with you."

"Well, try your best to have fun." I told her, rubbing her head. "You might as well make some friends."

"Okay..." Xena sighed.

"Ken." A voice entered my ears.

"Hey Irene." I said, standing up.

Irene was standing in front of me, holding Xena's small book bag, a simple black with a strange symbol in green on the back. Iris made it herself, and who would have thought she'd be good at sewing.

I gave her a quick hug and kiss before picking Xena up and putting her onto my back. Xena wrapped her small arms around my neck and her legs around my back.

"Ready to play?" I asked her.

"Yeah!" Xena happily cheered.

"Okay. We'll see you later, Irene." I stated.

"Mhm." Irene nodded, before her stomach rumbled. The faintest of red tints blessed her stoic face. "Excuse me." She said, before quickly turning around and walking further into the Mansion.

"I also want to introduce you to someone." I said, walking out of the Mansion.

Aoi looked up, her eyes trailing to the child sitting on my shoulders. She slightly cocked her head to the side, confused.

"Child." She pointed out. "Why?"

"She's my daughter." I stated.

"I see..." Muttered Aoi. "A human child's growth must be quicker than I expected."

"No, shes adopted." I sweatdropped.

"Hm." Aoi walked up to me, continuously staring at Xena. The two of them had their staring match until finally Aoi moved, lightly patting Xena's head.

Did you learn that from Bianca?

"You're like me." Aoi stated.

"...adopted?" Xena asked.

"Yes." Aoi nodded.

"Aoi's new here." I told Xena. "So I'm going to give her a tour while we play."

"Okay Papa!" Smiled Xena.

"Then let's go, you two." I said.

Carrying Xena on my shoulders, I started to guide Aoi to different places around the city. Aoi had no major reactions, but I could tell she found everything interesting with how her eyes trailed to everything we passed.