Epilogue

NOTE: Please don't skip the author's note in the end

******

Aahir

******

"I think we should propose this idea."

"Nathan, your idea is good but I believe it still needs to be improvised. How about you merge both of of the notions, the previous and the new one."

"I can try but I am not sure yet if it's feasible." Nathan was confused and I was in a hurry. I needed the meeting to finish in a flash as I had to head out. I had planned something for the day and I didn't want to waste any single moment.

"No issues. Besides, you have ample amount of time since the deadline has been extended." Right when I assumed I should leave, another staff member decided to make things taxing for me.

He brought up a topic about some other work as he said, "Mr.Arya, the product launch date meeting has...."

I had to horn in then.

"Guys, I will be leaving early today. Sorry." Turning to my assistant who was on my right I queried, "Lia, the appointments have been handled right?"

"Yes, Mr. Arya, rest assured."

"Thanks."

I had to revert to around ten emails before leaving so I commenced working on that. When I reached my cabin, In a hurry, I started typing. It was something Lia couldn't handle alone otherwise I would have involved her.

I kept checking time as being late that day wasn't even an option. I did not want to mess up.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and thought it would be either Reyansh or Arvik but when I heard the voice I couldn't stop myself from instantly looking at the source.

"You seem so disturbed. Is everything okay?" She seemed concerned for me.

"You startled me." I was in fright not because of her sudden arrival but because of her being out that day. She was supposed to be at home, getting decked up.

"I thought you would be happy seeing me." She wrapped her hands around my torso and kept her head on my chest. Reyansh was behind her. She came with him and when I eyed him he gestured to me that the surprise plan was still intact.

She still was heedless of my plan.

I almost got a heart attack presuming the skeleton was out of the closet.

"Of course, I am happy." I kissed her lips softly when she lovingly looked up at me. She was being so needy for the past few days, needy for my attention and love. In my opinion, it was because of work stress. She was back to being what she loved, being a journalist, and starting all over again was tedious. Though I was confident she would bounce back.

"Guys, seriously." Reyansh was annoyed, of course with us kissing in front of him but none of us mind.

"You should have closed your eyes." Reyansh rolled his eyes whilst Aditi was in fits of laughter after my remark.

Reyansh took a seat on the couch with his eyes closed but it immediately got opened when an enraged Arvik entered my cabin, mumbling, "What does she think of herself?"

He took three long strides, got hold of the glass of water kept on my table, and gulped it. Reyansh, Aditi, and I exchanged glances at each other, not getting what he was mumbling.

When he sat beside Reyansh, Aditi and I too went to give them company.

"Who?" I asked and in reply, we heard the obvious, "I am going insane."