CH 24 || The Curses

Aditi

******

I could hear those pestiferous beep sounds of the medical electronic machines. It was all dark since my eyes were closed. The obscure, unrecognizable whispers were vexatious. There was no pain in my body and I knew I was alive. I was just hoping not to see unwanted faces.

When I opened my eyes I didn't find myself on a hospital bed. I was in a room familiar to me but the only difference was there was medical equipment too, unlike before. I was in the room I had found myself previously in, after the incident of the biker gang. I wouldn't have been alive if Aahir forcefully wouldn't have made me puke. I knew then only before losing my unconsciousness for the second time, that the alternative of death was eradicated from the list.

Once again, I was deprived of my rights and my will. But I didn't want that anymore. I wasn't aware of what would happen if I stepped out and how much damage was done but I had to leave.

I was to remove the intravenous cannula needle from my skin when the door to the room opened.

"Glad, you woke up." A smiling face of Aunt Lisa came into my view. I knew she was his aunt, the last time I had come to Aahir's place with Naisha. Before, I used to think she was a staff member.

"How are you feeling?" She asked and started inspecting me. It seemed by her actions that she was well versed in whatever she was doing.

'Is she a doctor?', I mused over. Still, I wasn't sure. I panicked when she pulled out an injection from the bedside cabinet.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, horrified. I could not let anyone do anything to me, now that I had got my consciousness back.

"Questions can wait, Aditi," she said and started filling up the injection with some liquid. I tried to move but felt weak. When she observed me being petrified she attempted to calm me by saying, "Don't worry, I am a doctor by profession." That's when I took a breath of relief.

Choosing death was my call and I wasn't in the favour of anyone picking that option for me, agin my will.

"How do you feel?" It was ironic that her nephew shattered me and there she was asking about my well-being and showing concern which I couldn't ascertain was even genuine or not.

"I didn't die when I intended to. How do you think I would be feeling?" I was bitter and I didn't like being rude to her but my instincts to recognize the real personality of everyone was rusted.

One can't expect a person to be normal and rational when all they have received in return are pain and betrayals.

She didn't reply to my rude remark, instead, smiled at me and injected me with something.

"Anything harmful is out of your system but you need a bit of rest."

"I need to leave," I said, sternly, determined to leave.

"No, you can't."

"Seems like I am a captive." She caressed my hair, lovingly leaving me astounded before she added, "You can leave after three days but not now. I might not know what you have been feeling but I am aware you aren't fit enough to fight your battles. Take a rest. You will be fine."

They were just a pile of sugar-coated words thrown at me. I didn't want to believe her. Even though I could picture honesty in her eyes, how could I have taken her words as gospel when the people I had thought were honest with me had hurt me the most.

Out of the blue, I started to feel drowsy.

"Trust me." were the last words I heard before I went into a deep slumber.