CH 7 || Sealed Promise

Aditi

******

At the eventide, on the day of the interview, I had my virtual HR round which was like duck soup. It wasn't even an hour after the interview and I had received an official email enunciating my selection. I was required to join after two days. Everything gave the impression of being surreal.

The window of opportunity opened for me when I was in dire need of the same.

I still wanted to rejoin my old job but I couldn't. However, my new one was withal better than working in Vidyut's Company.

L.I.E.R Industries was one of the colossal electronics industries in America, even greater than the Kohli Industries.

Both Kohli and L.I.E.R were the rivals as far as I had heard from my husband. Surprisingly, the name of that organization was enough to peeve Vidyut. Out of curiosity, when I once questioned him about the same he had said L.I.E.R Industries had acquired information regarding his company to be on top, illegally. Though I never enquired more, still, I felt there was something more to what he had told me.

I would not have doubted him but the way he was dodging the conversation then, it appeared there was a back story to it.

I didn't know any prodigious and principal details about the company I was to join so I thought of better research before starting to work. I didn't want to embarrass myself.

Taking my laptop, I settled myself in the cushioned swing chair on my balcony.

I found out that the CEO of L.I.E.R Industries was Aahir Arya, son of Ashwin Arya. There was nothing prominent about him on Google, no pictures, no scandals, nothing.

'How can it be possible?'I chewed over it.

No esteemed person was there whose name was never tossed into any scandal, not even Vidyut. Whether it's fake or true, one always gets tangled in the web unrolled by media personnel. I pondered over who was the inefficient one who failed to capture a single picture of him that could help others see him.

It is not that there was no snapshot available of him. There was, but, in neither of them, his face was palpably visible.

'Is he hiding?'

'If yes, then why?'

Those were the questions that were put forth by my journalist self. As per my assumptions there for sure was something fishy, something that could not be seen from the naked eye.

'Who exactly are you Aahir Arya?'

I decided to research him first.

The information received via the help of the search engine was piquing my curiosity more. Aahir Arya was the elder son of Ashwin Arya and Aruna Arya. He had a younger sibling Aarav Aahir who was a college student.

L.I.E.R wasn't that great of an industry before Aahir stepped into the business world. He made a team of strong individuals and with his consistent hard work and persistence, L.I.E.R became a leading industry. L.I.E.R had been on top for the past five years while Kohli Industries had secured the second position.

Aahir had two best friends Arvik Raichand and Reyansh Khurana. I was startled when I found their pictures. I had met both of them. Arvik was the MD of the company who interviewed me while Reyansh was the guy I had bumped into at the airport, the guy with glasses and journal with yellow pages. I had even saw him at L.I.E.R when I was leaving post my interview. He was a motorbike racer. That clearly explained his rough appearance.