CH 23 || A Monster

Author

******

Vidyut's eyes were affixed on the television screen, keenly listening to every derogatory word the reporters were using for his wife. He was being indignant and wanted to rip the heads of those who dug the dirt he had buried. He was somehow restraining himself from bursting but couldn't continue for long. He took the remote and aimed it right on the screen, breaking it into several pieces.

Distinct chattering outside of his cabin had begun that pervaded the whole building soon.

"Have you lost it? What's wrong with you?" The woman on the video call reprimanded him. She was the first one to apprise him of what was going on. If not for her call, he would not have known.

"Everything is wrong with me. How can they talk shit about her? You know what, I am gonna sue then, now." Vidyut picked up his phone and was about to call his lawyer when the woman who he was face timing said sternly," Vidyut, don't you dare." He didn't pay heed but the voice that blared through the speakers had him stop, "Vidyut, I said stop it."

"But why? My wife's image is being tarnished by some fake news and you know what the truth is, still?" He couldn't believe the one woman he had presumed would grasp the intensity of his situation was stopping him from doing the necessary.

The woman was nettled though. Her plan would have backfired if she shouldn't have manipulated Vidyut. She didn't want him to turn his back on her as she needed him for revenge. The vengeance was for her, only if Vidyut had ever read between the lines.

"Listen to me first." She said as poised as she could.

"If you let your rage take over you now, we will lose. Think of this situation positively,"

Dumbstruck, Vidyut asked her, "How could you even positively take this shit?"

His wife was suffering while he was out of town. He ached to go to her even when he was guilty of killing their child. That piece of the info acquired by Shawn was true that it was Vidyut who murdered their unborn baby.

"Because I am not being insane like you. You need to listen to what I am about to say. Will you?" He sighed and defeatedly nodded when he observed her, all determined to elucidate.

When he agreed she started to fill his head with her malicious plan.

"By Aditi, they are trying to pull you down and I am sure it's him only."

"Aahir?"

"Who else?"

How much ever he hated him, still, he was dubious if Aahir would ever stoop that low. But the amount of venom the woman had filled his mind with, for the one who was once his best friend, he considered her to be right.

"You need to use this as your leverage. Play the victim card and let the world know you were oblivious of everything. Make it appear as if you suffered. And about the news of Aditi's extra-marital affair, well, we will give a name and face to the stranger they mentioned."

"What do you mean?" He was dreading her next move because he wasn't in support of enmeshing his wife in the game. He wanted her aloof but the immense trust in the woman stopped him from questioning her motives.

"We will incite a rumour that it's Aahir, Aditi is having an affair with."

"No, no, no. Aditi is my wife and I Love her." Vidyut panicked. He had several reasons for it. The prime one was he didn't want to lose her. He was scared, wondering what if Aahir would take her away from him.