CH 3 || Last Thread Of Hope

Aditi

******

My packing was almost done. Vidyut's parents had left early in the morning as they had to visit a distant relative. They both were about to meet us directly at the airport.

"Aditi, are you done?" Vidyut questioned, entering the room while his gaze fixed on his mobile phone.

"Just a few more things," I said, keeping the rest of the clothes which were dispersed on the bed. It was the last batch I had to keep inside my spinner wheel hand side bag.

"Allow me to help you. I don't need you to do anything." He kept his phone inside the right pocket of his jeans before he took over the clothes from my hand.

"At least let me keep those." I highlighted my make-up stuff kept on the bedside bureau however I got a stern reply from him, "No... "

He was diligently keeping every single piece of apparel inside my bag. So admirable he was, getting things done for his better half. 

After he was done with the clothes he began keeping my cosmetics stuff in my handbag. My eyes were on the bottle of pills that rested aside my lipstick. I cudgeled my brain over whether Vidyut would notice the bottle or not. He didn't know about those pills I had been taking for quite a long time. He generally neglected to take note. Moreover, I didn't even bother to inconvenience him. But my decision backfired on me. Those pills never came to his notice, even when I had taken them in front of him more than once.

While he was putting the items one by one my heart was anxious when he picked up the bottle of the pills. I observed his brows which he furrowed but it eased out soon. He had kept the pill bottle without asking me a word and I stood there in stunned silence.

My hopes were squashed.

'Did Vidyut even notice the pills?'

'Did he not understand what those pills were for?'

'How could he not ask a single thing from me in about those meds?'

Those were the questions that had appeared to haunt me. Vidyut's behaviour now and again had emerged bazillions of questions in my head, every one of them stayed unanswered. As I was stilled at my place, lost in my musings I was brought back into the present by Rosa's voice, "Mrs. Kohli, you had told me to remind you about the books you have to take with you, this morning."

Glad, she was there. 

I needed something to occupy myself, something which was not related to my husband, for a brief time. Smiling at her while I was about to reply Vidyut's words came, "For what reason do you need to take books from here? They are so old. I will purchase new ones for you."

"The new ones can't give the feeling of the old, murky yellow pages." I gave him an instantaneous reply while he poked fun at me with his expressions shaking his head. While zipping the bag he asked, "What's so great about old books?"

"Their essence, that remains till long. Somebody may have adored it once and kept it here with such a lot of affection with the expectation others would give equivalent significance to it." I was thankful to the one who had kept those books, my sole accomplice of loneliness.

"Please, old pages lose esteem. It's the right time for change. Why stuck on some old books? Innovation is administering the world currently. Digital books would is an extraordinary example for the same."

I was yet to give a befitting reply but Vidyut had sensed he would never have upper hand in the conversation with me so he didn't even let me have the chance as in a matter of a few seconds only he turned to Rosa for her to comply with him, "Don't you agree, Rosa?"