CH 37 || Surprise Or A Whammy

Aahir

******

"I am at Sonia's. She will drop me after dinner."

The text stated that I had received from my wife. Aditi left after lunch when I was busy over a business call to Sonia's who was one of my clients residing in the same city. She took advantage of the situation and sneaked away. She was conscious of the fact that I won't let her leave alone but I guessed she needed some time off from me.

She was hurt because of me.

But I had no choice. I had been pushing her for over months now, without realizing what impact it could have on her. Frankly speaking, I was scared that if we took our relationship to the next level her fears, her past would trouble her. I was afraid our intimacy could play that grisly crime in front of her eyes.

I didn't want to hurt her. In the process to protect her, I had accidentally done the same.

I recalled the conversation that I had with the psychotherapist regarding it. I wouldn't have known how badly Aditi was taking all that if not for that chat.

"Why are you pushing her?" Her question had left me stunned. I was unaware that Aditi had a talk regarding it with her.

She didn't wait for me to respond and continued, "She told me how protective and loved she used to feel when you guys used to be intimate before but now that you are conscious of taking things further is affecting her."

She resumed after a brief pause. "See, I know you don't want to hurt her but don't take much time so that she doesn't start to feel ignored. It will affect her badly."

"I cannot hurt her. I don't want to put her through any pain. I am scared of what she starts to think about..." I ceased not wanting to continue. I didn't want Aditi to feel that I was forcing myself on her. I was never terrified of anything before but that terror had captured me with its tentacles.

"Take slow steps. You guys have been married for over a month now. She might soon start to feel you don't want her anymore and then this whole cycle will repeat. Mr. Arya, your baby steps are gonna help her only. Please do think about it, okay."

She was right all along. I was letting fears win over us, our relationship that could have destroyed everything. I didn't want it. I knew I would not be able to live without her. I had to take measures to save our relationship, to rekindle the flame we used to have for each other. It was time to take a step ahead making sure I wasn't hurting my love.

I left my work and went to Aditi.

******

"Oh My God, Aahir." Sonia was terrible at acting. She tried to act surprised when she saw me even when I had informed her I was coming to take away my wife. After inviting me in, she went to the kitchen with her husband giving me and Aditi some alone time.

"Hi," I said to her.

"Hi." Aditi greeted me feeling awkward. Though there was no need.

"You didn't tell me."

"You were busy." I wasn't busy. I could never be busy for her. I agree I was over a call but her one call and I would have left things for her. I knew what was going on and I harked back to doc's words.

'She might start to think you don't have time for her and it will not be her fault because she is scared. She doesn't want the past to repeat.' I never wanted her to feel avoided and I had sworn to do everything to make her feel at ease, to make her feel loved.