CH 13 || Insidious Menace

Aditi

******

Muddling the vegetable stew with the spoon, at the dining table, all my mind chewed over was him. The new him was immaculate as per my observation. He had great features, deep eyes, a sharp jawline, and a hypnotic voice.

The voice was comforting yet gave me sexy chills. Would it be a crime if I confess I wanted him to speak more often, closer?

I had been intimidated by him for the entire time I was with him. The way our fingers brushed now and then had passed the jolt of electricity in my body.

Our contact wasn't intentional or was it. It wasn't obvious nor did I want my mind to saunter in that direction.

I could still feel his eyes on me and was able to feel his presence near me. His mere thought was quavering my existence. I was too underconfident when I was around him, to make eye contact but whenever our eyes met, I was held spellbound.

His dark black bright and vehement eyes had a tale to narrate. I was strikingly curious to be mindful of the same. I recalled a few rules he had set, very eccentric and unusual.

'Rule No 1, Do not dare to deceive me. I hate cheaters.' His voice was menacingly low. He mentioned how much he loathed being cheated and I had unknowingly broken the same rule, not stating the truth when he enquired if I remembered him.

'Rule No 2, I want you here, in my cabin, sharp at nine.' Stating the second rule his eyes met mine. He wasn't giving any expression. He was challenging an ex-journalist while I was trying hard to read him and his intentions.

He was immersed in flipping the pages of the contract rules, reciting them for me, as if I was a kid and I didn't know how to read.

'Rule No 3, For the starting three months I want your availability 24*7.' I dumbstruck, my eyes ready to bulge out. Although the series of shocks didn't end there. I was registering his words when he straight off added, 'You might have to stay at my place.'

'Stay? Stay with you?' The sound of the rolling pages was terminated. His sharp gaze met mine then.

'Why? Do you have any issues working with me, up all night?' I was to work with him all night. For a slight moment, all I could focus was on, we would be together, awake all night.

His stare intent, impelling me to agree to him. He had an imperceptible force on my words. I wasn't myself, with him, yet I was entirely myself.

I struggled to throw away the heap of his thoughts. To have my dinner in peace was all I wanted, but that man was coercing his way inside of me.

'The food is getting cold.' His voice reached my ears but I was at home. When I looked up I found him hovering over my form. His orbs were pulling me in to fathom his depth that seemed unmeasurable. I was scared, not because of him but my will to agree was frightening me.

'Mrs.Kohli, the food.' His voice turned feminine out of the blue.

"What?"

"Are you okay? Do you want me to call a doctor?" I closed my eyes and blinked them thrice after opening them, only to find Liza staring at me with concern.

"Um..No, I am fine." My appetite was gone.

"I am done," I announced leaving the half-empty plate. I had to take a drastic step before things went out of my control. The man was back who held the power to control my entire self. I realized working with L.I.E.R wasn't a good option. I was married and had some boundaries and constraints which another man was putting the screws on me to cross.