CH 19 || Colossal Ruination On The Way

Aditi

******

I felt at sea about what to wear to work. Even my comfy-cozy clothes appeared bland to me. I wanted to wear something simple yet classy and attractive.

'Was it too much to ask?' I spoke up gazing at my closet filled with clothes.

'Of Course.' My inner-self shut me out with her response. One moron she was. I knew she was me only but I was turning into a demented being because of one man. It's not like the day was special, yet I was looking for a dress as if I was to go on a date.

I pulled out a magenta coloured dress but it was too much for a normal office day. Then came a gown.

'Aghhh, my hands have gone mad too.' I muttered. I ruined my closet by trying to find one simple formal attire. It was a terrible and tedious job. The blame landed upon my heart and my mind who was not fighting but were in sync. They knew the reason why I was acting like an inane teenager.

The only solution that moment I could think of was Naisha. I used to be the stylist for my besties and for me, it was, of course, Naisha. Thank heavens that she picked up at the first ring itself.

"Hello, Naisha, I need your help." I didn't even wait for her to speak up.

"Calm down, Ady, what help do you need?" She said in her hoarse tone. I could sense she was sleepy and drunk. I recalled that she was out with her old friends yesternight.

"I don't know what to wear."

"Is there any special occasion?" I was yet to speak when she interrupted, "Wait! Let me guess. Vidyut is taking you out on a date, right?"

Vidyut didn't even come home after faking a promise to take me out. He did come in the evening when Aahir was there too but after he left there was no news of him. Neither he called nor picked me. I only received a text from him notifying me that he was busy with work.

He and his work were two inseparable partners.

"Um..No, I need it for my office," I replied to her.

"Okay, if you say so. Show me your closet." I video called her before I showed her my disarrayed closet.

"That's one messy closet." I knew it was. She instructed me to keep the phone at a distance and try out the dresses she would choose.

"Pick that blue one." I picked it up and displayed it to her.

"No, it's not good. Take that white one." The white one was good but I was somehow still not satisfied.

"It's not okay as well." She wasn't content either.

"What's that?" She pointed at the black dress hung on the hanger at the extreme end. I pulled it out and found it cute. I had bought it after college got over but hadn't worn it recently.

"It's perfect. Wear this. Style it with one of your leather belts and then you are done." Everything was appreciable about that attire. It was stylish, plushy, formal too but was too short.

"It's short."

"So what? It's classy, elegant, and sexy. Moreover, since when did you care about the length of the dresses?"

Since I started to work with L.I.E.R. If only I could answer her. L.I.E.R wasn't an issue but I was conscious because of someone L.I.E.R belonged to.

"Wear this, please, please, please..." Her plea was a go-ahead. Besides, I didn't have anything else that I could bring to my notice at that moment.

"Okay." I found it apt too. It was beautiful. Earlier, I used to think of Vidyut before choosing any dress but not anymore.