CH 30 || In The Arms Of Her Love

Aahir

******

"What?" Trying to shape the knot of my tie I questioned the curious cat who was sighing at consecutive intervals and was giving gloomy glances.

"Nothing." She replied. We both were in the closet, where she was seated on the three-dresser cabinet which was around fifty centimeters in height. I was getting ready to leave and she was staring at me.

The tie seemed to double-cross me as it didn't seem prepared to be tied. It was getting taxing for me to make a knot, unlike every other day. I had so much in my head that I couldn't concentrate. Aditi held my arm as she wasn't too far and asked me to go to her.

When I was in front of her she held my tie, gestured to me to give her the charge, and commenced to make a knot, just like my mother used to, before.

"I have so many things to say to you, so many questions to ask and you are leaving already." She muttered. When our eyes met, I did give her a miffed look. She was aware that badgering me would not benefit either of us, yet, she was vexing me. I had no idea what suddenly came into her.

Intercepting my peeved mien she put a full stop to the words of her previous convo and said, "Ok, I won't do it."

She realized I didn't want her to go on. When the tie was done. She crossed her arms and turned to the other side.

"No one has ever thrown such tantrums in front of me." I kept my hands on either side of her on the cabinet and inched closer to her. She was furious but still looked enchanting.

"Maybe because I am the bravest of all." She retorted. The infinitesimal amount of annoyance and fury I had dissipated in thin air. I couldn't help but agree that she indeed was one brave woman.

Conjoining our foreheads, and eyeing her lips I whispered, "Forty-eight hours is all I need. I will answer every question of yours after that."

"Every question?"

"Yes."

"Don't take an hour more than forty-eight." Her hands went behind my neck and my smiling Aditi was back.

"Not even a second more than that. I promise." I said before I trapped her lips.

******

My heart compressed, recalling how she didn't want me to leave. She needed me and I just left. If only I would have listened to her, things would have been different.

Hastily, I parked the car right in front of my mansion. My security team was assembled there only. Looking at them I had the conniption fit. The moment I got off my car Damien came to me and I grabbed his neck pushing his back on my car. I trusted him but he proved himself incompetent.

"Where the fuck were you? Why didn't you notice them leaving?" I put pressure on my hold but he was calm. He was completely aware scuffling wouldn't have done any good to him because I would have simply killed him.

"I will...fin...find them." He managed to form words with difficulty with me strangling him. I could see he was guilty, but I didn't leave him. Arvik didn't meddle because everything happened because of Damien's negligence. I would have killed him at that instant only but the times he had proved his worth to me in the past was comparatively more than the moment he exhibited his ineptitude.

When I left him he coughed. He straightened himself, kept his head low, and said, "I am sorry. It won't happen again."

"Find them. Scan every part of the city but find them." I instructed. Damien was mindful of what he had to do. He nodded before he left with the rest.