CH 2 || Holding Tight For The New Venture

Aditi

******

I was alone and was laid on the concrete ground. I could not see anything. Everything was entirely dark and I couldn't feel anyone's presence around me.

"Is anybody here?" I called while attempting to sit up. My voice echoed. I wasn't frightened of the darkness but of the fact that nobody was with me. I had always dreaded one feeling ever since I was a child, to be left alone, to be abandoned.

In spite of the fact that time had just given me the sensation of forlornness, either way, I had tried my best to hold onto each thread of every relationship in my life. The very first time when I was swamped by the waves of loneliness was when I lost my mother.

Dismissing those thoughts I was contemplating where I was, how I ended up in a dark room when I was in the water a few seconds ago. All of a sudden I heard the voice of the one I always craved to hear for years.

"Aditi." It was my mother calling me.

"Mom..." I yelled getting up from my sitting position. I was no less than blind at an unilluminated place. With my hands stretched I moved here and there in the hope to touch her. I presumed I was dead, otherwise, how could I hear her. She was gone long ago.

"Mom, I can't see you..." I shouted roaming like a headless chicken. No voice of hers reached me one more time. When I assumed it was all in my head I heard my father calling me.

"Aditi..."

"Dad, where are you?" I had no clue about what was happening. If I would have been dead there was no way I would have heard my father. Though he was not the same as before, still, I was happy that he was alive. He had promised me to live till long. There was a pact between us, a promise he had made to me that he would never leave me alone, no matter the circumstances.

"Ady we are getting late. Come fast..."

"Yes, Ady don't tell me you didn't find your outfit yet."

Those voices were of my best friends Dhriti and Adya.

"Sammy, Adya, where are you guys? I am stuck here in this dark room. Help me get out, please..." One thing that became apparent to me was, none of them could hear me.

"Ady, if you won't come out at this instant I won't talk to you."

"Sammy..." I cried for my best friend who had always been there to support me. Though her real name was Dhriti, yet she loved being called by the nickname I had given her.

The voices were gone. No one responded to me, neither my parents nor my friends. It felt as though something was playing an evil stunt with me.

"Aditi, are you ready?" I heard the man I had fallen in love with at first sight.

"Just a second Vidyut." The reply was by me but I hadn't said a word yet. A screen flashed right in front of me. I could see Vidyut and me. It was our first date after our wedding as a married couple. I was on cloud nine that day.

"How do I look?"

I recalled the blue dress he had bought for me. It was so ethereal and elegant that I chose not to wear it. How silly of me that I wanted to preserve it as my first gift after the wedding. But Vidyut had other plans, he wanted to see me in the same dress. He would always say blue suits me. I had to wear it, only for him.

"As always, you look gorgeous." The scene continued as part of a movie. I pondered where I was nevertheless happy to have the option to see the past times.