CH 1 || Craving To be Found

Author

******

It was the coldest evening of the city so far in the previous ten years. The windows of the three-storey manor were left open only for the wind to march inside. Actually like an undetectable beast the breeze was prepared to make each being shiver in its essence. Even though the climate was sufficient to freeze anybody, the lady in her twenties who was perched on the floor of her examination in a side seat position wasn't influenced. The breeze couldn't make her bone-chilling in any event, when the solitary attire covering her body was a slim cotton white robe.

A book named "The housewife's dilemma." laid on her lap while her eyes stuck to the moon she could see from the window. It was a warm smooth shine in the sky however it was isolated.

Individuals always appreciated it from afar.

She wondered whether the moon also wanted company so that it could not feel alone. The stars were there, however excessively far from it to accompany it. The moon was one of a kind, that's why it was admired more.

Its perfection had cost her big, she mused.

She was lost in her relentless contemplations that didn't see the door squeaking open. A lady in her mid-fifties had entered. She called her, however, she didn't hear until she strolled nearer and put her hand on her shoulder, calling softly, "Mrs. Kohli."

The girl was taken out of her musings and turned to the offender who had broken her precious thoughts. She was none other than Aditi Kohli, spouse of business head honcho Vidyut Kohli, the one the entire world appreciated. Vidyut was the man of every girl's dreams, however, the fortunate young lady to have him was Aditi.

"Dinner?" The lady inquired.

"Did he come?" Aditi enquired. Albeit the answer was known yet somehow like every other night she still had hope. The woman would not like to disillusion her however wasn't left with any choice. She smiled faintly and replied, "He called a few seconds ago. He is on the way, and will be here in an hour or so."

That was a lie. The one they were discussing hadn't called. Hearing her, Aditi sighed. She was disappointed once more.

"Why don't you have your dinner and..." The woman attempted to persuade Aditi who intruded on her in mid and said, "You should rest, Rosa. You have been exerting yourself for me." Rosa was the chief caretaker of the old mansion and was the only one who took care of the lady of the house, Aditi.

"You have to take your medicine as well." reminded Rosa.

"I will have them," Aditi answered, getting up from the floor. While she was keeping the novel on the shelf behind her, Rosa addressed, "What about dinner?"

She was considering how ought to be dealt with the dinner and then came up with an ultimate solution.

"Feed it to the dogs." She gave a brief answer prior to moving out of the study room.

Aditi strolled into her vacant room that possessed a scent like Vidyut's cologne. It stayed there in any event when it had been hours since he had left for office.

She, out of the blue, was feeling uncomfortable. She wasn't relaxed but wanted to.

Her meds were kept on the table. She took it out with the choice of gulping them down her throat but then her plan was jettisoned. She tossed the tablets out of the window before stepping inside the washroom.

Disposing of her garments she remained under the shower. The boiling water in the crisp climate outside fell on her body, consuming her yet she couldn't have cared less. Nothing influenced her any longer; Neither the chilly climate fit for chilling anybody deep down nor the high temp water fit for consuming her spirit.