Monkey in the middle.

Chap 1. Monkey in the middle

[ Jannat's P.O.V]

Have you ever been in a situation where you feel like a third person, a third wheel, unwanted, ignored?

If no! Then trust me, you are lucky.

I am here feeling something like that, and it is, surely, not wanted.

We are in a shopping hall, sitting in a food court, and I am stuck here, between two love birds, my sister and my soon to be brother-in-law. And they are in some sort of staring competition. Both of them are staring at each other with a smile on their faces and a slight blush on Ria's cheek.

I tried to concentrate chewing the chewing gum in my mouth, but this distraction wasn't enough. I wanted something else. A bigger distraction. But unfortunately, my mobile's battery was about to die.

Ugh, Smartphones!

I turned my head to Rehan and found him winking at my sister. With a reflex, my head turned towards Ria and she was looking down with red cheeks and a wide smile.

Okay fine. This is enough!! I thought and with that, I slammed the table quite hard. Ouch, my hand!

After that I found hell irritated face of Rehan, giving me 'what?' look. I turned my head to Ria which wore the same expression.

"Guys, it's enough. I am here too. Can you see me? I believe I am not invisible. You got a whole life to stare at each other. Please! Talk about your wedding. It's next to next week." 

I said in an irritated tone. Rehan fixed his gaze on me and answered in a very sweet manner. "I know you are here, little sister. I know that we have a full life with each other. But you know what-" He, then, turned his face to Ria and continued, " shadi sy phly milnay ki baat hi aur hai [Meeting before marriage has its own charm]." And another wink, Oh God!

"So, are you trying to say that after marriage you will change? Haan ?" I asked.

"Where that come from?" Rehan asked, emphasizing 'that'.

Before I could speak, Ria ignored his comment and threatened, "No! He will not change. He can't. Or else I will cut him in pieces and..and.. aamm"

"And what Jia? Through that in the water? Or feed to a monster? " Rehan asked with a smirk. "And what changes are you expecting little sis? I would have three ears? Or three eyes? Or I will grow horns?"

"Nae yaar, first of all, this is practically impossible." I raised my second finger to state my second point "Second, these things don't matter. The only thing that matters is your nature and the love you have for Ria." I put forward my philosophy.

"C'mon Jenny! Anything changed in past six years? " He searched my face for an answer. And found it. " No! I am the same Rehan Ahmed Khan. Who love your sister from the core of his heart, and will love to death." He said with a smile and with that they continued their ' staring, smirking, winking and smiling contest'.

Well! He is right. Nothing changed in the past 6 years. We are together. And this friendship is only getting stronger.

Rehan, he is more like a brother to me. The one I always wished for. The one I never had. The one I trust blindly. The one who will stand by my side whenever I will need. The way he always had !

Boom! Again we went quite. Again there was a painful silence, for me. Is it necessary for them to keep silent and stare at each other like no tomorrow?

Oh no! It's better for them to keep silent. What will happen if they will start their cheesy romance in front of me? That will be embarrassing for 3 of us.