A decision!!

Recap: The trio is back! Alyaan told Shayan and Jannat that he wanted to marry Samiya! And Jannat promised to help.

Chap 25. A decision!!

After few months!

"Aslam-o-Alaikum!" Jannat greeted Shaheer's mother as she entered in their home.

"Walikum asalam, beta! How are you?" She asked politely.

"I am fine. Where is uncle?!" Jannat asked.

"You are early, he is sleeping yet." She told.

"Okay! We have an hour till the appointment, let him sleep a bit." Jannat told about the appointment, he had with a doctor for a general checkup. "So, what were you doing?" The question was shortly answered, "Cooking!"

"Okay, now I am here so I'll cook and you, take rest!" Jannat ordered.

"Arey beta, I have nothing to do else cooking. It's the only thing that keeps me busy!" She stated sadly.

"Okay, then we can cook together!" Jannat suggested and she accepted with a smile.

They stood in the kitchen while making the dinner, when his mother spoke, "Jannat! Will you live alone for the rest of your life?!"

If I'd say that Jannat was about to drop the glass on the floor in shock, it wouldn't be exaggeration. To cover up the shock, she tried to change the topic with a dialogue and wink, "who says I am alone? Loneliness is always with me!"

She rolled her eyes in response, "tch, Jannat I am trying to have a serious conversation here!"

"Okay, Sorry! What were you saying?! Yeah my loneliness! C'mon auntie, I am not alone, I have my parents, my sister, my friends and you two!"

"But there is a bond which is strongest of all!" She told.

Jannat placed her glass on the slab and directed all her attention to Shaheer's mother, "Auntie, can we stop playing with words?! Just say your heart out!"

"Jannat! You should marry!" She blurt out.

The advantage of playing with words is: it makes you ready for the real conversation, without much of a shock! Jannat knew the hidden meaning of her words already, so her straightforwardness didn't shocked her much, but yes, it pained!

Anyhow, she managed to say, "Auntie!" She wanted to say something, but her words got lost, her heart couldn't conceive the pain, and didn't allowed her brain to muster some words.

Shaheer's mother took the advantage of the silence, she continued, " Beta, whatever happened was planned by fate. It had to go that way. Surely, Allah had planned better things for you. You can't stick to the past forever, you have to move on!"

"Beta! You need a partner, your other half. You need someone who can complete your incomplete self. Jannat! Think about it!"

Jannat's reply was a mere weak nod.

¤¤¤

After the appointment, Jannat dropped her father-in-law to his home, explained her mother-in-law the timings of his medicines and drove off.

Jannat made it a routine, whenever she gives medicine to her baba janii, she calls Shaheer's father to ask if he had taken his med or not.

While driving, the least thing she wanted was to think about whatever Shaheer's mother said this evening, but her mind wanted against it. Her words kept slipping in and haunted her, though she wanted to keep it in the farthest corner of her mind.