Healing old wounds!!

Recap: Shaheer died! Javeria was in hospital for a premature delivery! Rehan's eyes opened up after Hooria's speech and he called Jannat.

Chap 22. Healing old wounds!!

The room was pin drop silent, the sound of wind and beating hearts could be heard easily. Javeria was lying lifelessly on bed, Rehan sitting close, on the chair. Jannat, Hooria and Alyaan were sitting on the bench placed next to wall.

The doctors told that Javeria will regain conscious in an hour or so. So the young ones sent back their parents home, saying they'll call them when Jia will wake up. Alyaan had already dropped Aruba's sister-Samiya- to her home.

Rehan hadn't talked Jannat yet. They just exchanged Salams and talked about Jia. In the small amount of time, Jannat noticed the glint of guilt in his eyes, but at that moment, she didn't cared, her mind was too occupied.

"Jia" Rehan panicked when Javeria fingers curled to fist, and every pair of eyes settled on them. Three of them stood up and ran to her.

Jia moaned in pain and closed her eyes shut, to avoid the shining lights of the hospital room. Noticing the discomfort, Rehan placed his hand above her eyes, stopping the rays of light to sting her eyes. The frown on the Javeria's forehead disappeared at his gesture.

Rehan eyed Alyaan to turn off the light, and Alyaan turned the lights off leaving one bulb.

Javeria tried to open her eyes once again and succeeded. Rehan pulled away his hand, reluctantly, when her eyes were open and relaxed. Javeria looked around to see four pair of eyes having concern, directed towards her.

She tried to sit, Jannat helped in process by adjusting pillows at her back. Hooria gave Jia a glass of water, which she gulped quickly, when Javeria sat comfortablely she asked, "Where is she?!"

Rehan saw this question coming, yet he didn't knew what to tell her. His tongue froze and his brain couldn't muster an answer.

Jia panicked when she saw Rehan's whiting face and the bead of sweat on his forehead, "Rehan! Where --?!"

Hooria cut in, "Jia relax! She is fine!"

The fear which engulfed Jia, start fading. She sighed, Thanking Allah under her breath.

Hooria continued, "your daughter is a preemie, so she is in incubator. Doctors will keep her under observation for a week, I believe!"

"And her health?!" Javeria asked, though she didn't wanted to hear the answer, cause as a doctor, she knew what the circumstances would be for a premature delivery.

This was the question Rehan was afraid of. Her health?!

Hooria took the air in and let it out in the form of words, "She is weak! But doctors says there is nothing too much to worry about!"

"Too much to worry about?!" Jia pushed the topic further.

"Doctors say that she may have hearing and breathing problem, or she may have a problem with long-term memory. Her growth may be slow. And she may can't speak fluently." Hooria told emphasising 'may' which enable Javeria to look for bright side. "Jia, she is here with you. There is nothing too much to worry about, she'll be fine with time and treatment!"

"She is not here!" Javeria replied sadly, as single tear rolled down her eye.

Rehan, Alyaan and Jannat, who were standing like idols, blinked and flinched at her tear. Rehan spoke, "She will be here!"

"Insha'Allah!" Jannat whispered, and everyone copied.

In attempt to lighten up the mood, Alyaan cheered, "yar! Hum ny tou uska naam bhi nae socha abhii tak! Naam kia rakhna hai us ka?! [Dude! We haven't decided a name yet! What we will name her?!]