Worst pain I ever had!!

Recap: Rehan, by misusing the trust, took away the property of Jannat. And made them sign on divorce papers.

Song for this chap: Heart Attack

Chapter 14. Worst pain I ever had!!

After having a verbal fight with Rehan, Shaheer left the building in search of Jannat. He tried to call her many times, first, she rejected, but now, her number was off.

Then he called his mother to ask if Jannat came home. But her answer was No!

Not knowing what to do, he drove to her parents' place. Jannat's mother welcomed him warmly. But her next question took Shaheer to the same restlessness he was facing before: Beta, you came alone? Where is Jannat?

The world around Shaheer spun, leaving him all worried. He felt as if the land beneath his feet had been snatched away. His knees felt like jelly, which couldn't support his body anymore.

Seeing the horrible expression on his face, her mother asked, "Shaheer, what's wrong? Where's Jannat?"

Her voice intruded Shaheer's thought. He focused on his mother-in-law standing opposite to him. Gulping the lump in his throat, he prepared himself to speak a lie, "Amm.. Nothing auntie! Jannat would be in her office." Which is not hers anymore. "I was passing by, so stopped for a glass of water. I am thirsty." Shaheer came up with the best lie he could speak.

Unconvinced, she nodded and gave him a glass of water. She is her mother! she knew, something is going wrong with Jannat. And the looks on Shaheer's face confirm her thoughts. She knew Shaheer was hiding something. But, she couldn't push him further.

Gulping the water in one go, Shaheer got up and left the villa without any greetings. Now, Mrs. Ali was sure there is something really bad going on!

Shaheer didn't know anything to do. He just wanted someone to listen to him. In front of whom he can pour his heart out. Who can listen to him without judging him? And the only person who fills all the condition was, undoubtedly, his mother.

All his way back home, he kept calling Jannat but the response was the same:

The number you are trying to approach is powered off!

When Shaheer entered his house, his mother was pacing in the lounge, wearing a grim expression. Once she saw him, she walked briskly to him and bombarded him with questions.

"Shehry! Where is Jannat? Why you called and asked about her? Don't you know where she is? Why you look do pale Shehry? Please tell me what's going on?"

Shaheer hadn't told his mother anything, yet she was worried as hell. He had to tell her, but he can't tell the ending just like that!

He consoled his mother a bit and made her sit on a chair. And he started from the beginning. He told her, how Rehan called them for a surprise. He told her how blindly they trusted him to sign on those papers. He told her, how their trust was shattered. He told her, how Rehan owned the firm of Jannat. He told her, how Jannat and he got divorced. He told her, how Jannat left the building. He told her, how he ran after her. He told her, how she was missing.

Telling her every detail was more difficult than he thought. First, he was facing his own tears. But now, he had to see his mother's tears. The tears, Rehan, Jannat, and he himself was the reason.

After telling her every feeling he went through all his day. He went back to his room. The room, which belonged to Jannat. The room, in which he had his perfect memories with her. The room, which is filled with her scent. The room, whose walls have pictures of them.