I won't leave

Recap: Aryaan came to Jannat's apartment and told her about the mishaps took at her back. Which included Javeria's pitiful life and her father's lifeless life. Jannat and Aryaan were on the way to the hospital.

Chap 18. I won't leave!

Aryaan applied brakes when they reached the hospital. Jannat's mind was too occupied at the moment to think about the things which she hated about hospitals. She directly ran to the respective room, which Aryaan inquired about.

Jannat slowly opened the door and her father, laying lifeless on the bed, was exposed to view. Her baba janii surrounded by machines. With different types of equipment clung in his visible veins. His complexion dull with wrinkled skin.

The room was empty with the pungent medical smell covering every molecule of oxygen in the room. With clumsy steps, she made her way to bed. She couldn't bear seeing her father in such a state, her heart-stopping with every step.

As she touched the rim of the cold bed, a freezing shiver ran down her spine, knocking courage from her soul. She put a hand over her mouth to stop the whimper from escaping her mouth. She shed a few tears while sitting on a chair placed beside the bed. She grabbed her father's hand, trying her best, not to disturb the IV attached.

"I am sorry, baba janii!" Jannat started with a whisper. "I am so sorry! Please open your eyes. See I am back! Your Jannat is back, baba janii! Baba, I am so sorry! I couldn't keep your trust. I left you al-alone, when you needed me most. Please come back, baba janii! Please come back!"

Few more tears escaped her eye when he didn't respond. Her tears changed into sobs when the thought intruded her mind: People leave their parents alone when they needed them most. The parents, who taught them to take steps. And the children start taking steps ahead of them, leaving their parents far behind, to rot in this world.

"No!" She whispered. "No Baba janii! I am not one of them. I didn't leave you! I can't leave you! That was a mistake to disappear, baba! I can't leave you! See, I am back. Please come back!"

No response!

"Baba! I said I am sorry! I promise I will never leave you again. Pl-"

She cut herself, when the door opened, and in came the nurse, to say, "Ma'am! The meeting time is over. I request you to leave."

"I am not going anywhere!" I Jannat declared stubbornly, wiping the tears off her face with her knuckles.

"Ma'am! You can't stay. It is not allowed. You have to leave, then why argue?!" She stated with arching up her eyebrow.

"Listen!" Jannat pointed her index finger at the nurse, taking a step forward. "I don't ca-" Jannat stopped herself when she felt the grip on her hand went tighter. He tightened his grip! Her heartbeat climbed the maximum point. She gulped the lump in her throat. Jannat couldn't move, even her eyes weren't capable of leaving the nurse's face.

Noticing the color change on Jannat's face, and the beeping sound of the heart machine, the nurse inquired, "Ma'am! Everything okay?!"

Jannat blinked and gulped once again. She turned to her father, making sure, it was exactly how she felt it was. His eyes were closed. Jannat hysterically replied, "He responded! I swear, I swear his grip went tighter around my hand." She panicked! Placing her other hand on his shoulder, she jerked slightly, "Baba janii, I am here, I am not going anywhere. Please open your eyes! Please please, please! Please baba janii!"

"I know, you are listening to me! Then why you are not replying. Please baba, say something! Talk to me! Or else, I- I'll loose myself." Jannat broke down at this statement, "I d-don't have stam-stamina to suffer more. I can't! I need you!"