Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?

Recap: Jannat finds out that everything she did in her life as a Muslim, is multiplied by zero. She has nothing in her good book. She met Aruba in the mall and decided to tell her selected parts of her life.

Chap 16. Then which of the favors of your Lord will you deny?

Jannat started her story with her baba janii, her company, her sister, her brother-in-law, her best friends, her broken trust, her loneliness, her heartless fate. She told her how she owned a company. She told her how she trusted her brother-in-law blindly. She told her how he took her property away. She told her how her company was owned by someone else, just because of her mistake.

Aruba listened quietly, at times she wanted to ask questions, but she decided against it. At times, she wished to wipe her tears off and hug her tightly, but couldn't.

When Jannat finished telling her, Aruba told her in the sweetest voice, "Jannat! Money is important for our daily living. But, earning money is not the only purpose we came here for! Once you'll die, all your wealth is left behind. Your deeds are the thing which will survive with you after your death."

Jannat looked down in embarrassment. Another reason for her hating herself!

"Anyhow, Why don't you go back to your father?" Aruba asked once she judged Jannat have nothing to speak.

"Cause I can't. I can't face him. I have broken his trust. I gave his company, his life, his hard work to someone who isn't loyal, with anyone, else money! Whose fidelity belongs to money!" Jannat answered.

"He'll be searching for you!" Aruba tried to give Jannat some sense, "He is your father! Parents forgive their children for big mistakes. And you are not the one who made a mistake, in this case."

"I can't face him," Jannat said with all stubbornness. "I made a mistake by signing on those papers without reading them when he had advised me not to do that!"

"And your mother?!"

A whimper escaped her lips as her mother's smiling face flashed her mind. "I miss her." Jannat told in between sobs, "I miss her a lot. But, I can't go back! I can't."

"Do you know what's happening there!" Aruba asked and Jannat shook her head.

"You shouldn't have done that, Jannat! They might be searching for you like crazy!" Aruba put a point.

"I live two blocks away from the hospital where Javeria works. If she wanted to search for me, it would be easy for her! But why she'll search for me?!" Jannat let out a sarcastic laugh at the end.

"You shouldn't think bad for your sister." Aruba tried to convince her.

Jannat's head spun in the direction of Aruba, she glared as if she was an alien living on Earth. "Are you trying to tell me that Javeria might not be part of the plan?! Well, lemme tell you, she is his wife, and they live in the same room. Whatever Rehan did, he did in that Damn room! How the files didn't cross her when she somewhere helped Rehan?! I am sure she was part of the plan!"

"How are you so sure?!" Aruba Questioned ignoring her every word, as she didn't understand the sense behind her logic.

Jannat couldn't answer! Of course, she was not sure! How can she be? Maybe I am wrong! But she is his wife! Wife of a person who broke me!!

Aruba got her answer in her silence. Somehow She concluded that Jannat was regretting it!

"Jannat! The only thing I can say to you at the moment is, 'pray!' Supplication changes fate. Trust Him, believe in Him. He will give you everything and anything. Just wait for His perfect timings. He never leaves His people alone!"