Adjusting

By the time, the Jones family returned to New York, it was the last week of November. Emma is back at her former job as bailsbonds woman. Killian is working at the docks and working with Emma on her fake dates. She enrolled Henry right away back in his middle school for 8th grade. He was happy to be back in the same class as Jasper.

After Emma's long morning of morning sickness, being home with Hope who has been fussy, Killian arrived home so she can rest. He brought her home more saltines and gingerale. After a nap, she went grocery shopping to buy ingredients for crock pot recipes.

Emma returned from grocery shopping, and Killian had crying Hope. She recently has been more clingy to her parents mostly her Mommy. "Hope, Mama is back."

"Emma,she has been crying nonstop. I do not know... She has been trying to leave the apartment."

"She is used to our big house in Storybrooke, not living in an apartment in a city."

He sets Hope down who goes to her Mommy. "Mama."

Emma scooped her daughter in her arms. "Hi, Hope. Mama is home from the store."

"Mama."

"Do you miss our home in Storybrooke?" Hope babbles. "Yes, our home. We will go back. We are staying in New York, our new home. This is the city you were born in."

"You are a New Yorker, little love." Emma smiles. "I told her love, that you been in many new homes."

"I am pretty sure she will adjust to New York soon. With all the new changes, Hope is confused and needs to adjust. Henry adjusted back here quickly."

"Aye, he is back with his best friend Jasper. They are two peas in a pod"

"Yes. Hope will get used to her new home."

"Maybe Hope noticed your changes more."

"She knows about the baby. She just wants her Mama all to herself." Hope babbles. "You are my baby, Hopey. You made me a Mommy from the very beginning."

"How about Mama and Dada show you, New York, little pirate princess."

Emma smiles. "We can take her to Central Park."

"Mama."

"I am coming with you and Dada to the park." Hope babbles. "We are going to have fun." Emma gets Hope bundled up. Killian pushes Hope in the stroller to Central Park with his swan on his side. "Whoa, they have huge mountain rocks, here, Hopey." Hope babbles. 'You want to climb one?" Hope babbles.

"Emma, I will walk with Hope up love."

"I can go up the rocks."

Killian looks at the steep steps. He can hold Hope but he cannot guide his swan at the same time. "Emma, I do not want you to fall down." He placed his hook on her abdominal. "I do not want you or the little one to get hurt."

Emma hugged her husband, who loves her and their baby. "I am not going to walk too far."

"What if you fall? I cannot stop you?"

Emma placed her abdominal. "Fine. We will watch you two climb the big rocks." Hope babbles. "Yes, Hopey. Mama will watch you and Daddy climb the big rocks." She kissed her daughter on the cheek. Off they went. Killian helped Hope climb the high rocky mountains. Emma was watching from the distance, taking photos of the daddy-daughter duo.

Killian holds Hope on his hip from the top view seeing the beautiful view of the whole of Central Park, buildings, the lake, bridges, the ice rink, trees, and tourists. "This is our new home, little love. New York City." Hope babbles. "We can find the duckies." He returned with Hope to his swan. "Someone wants to find the ducks."