III: Cerberi

"I already said no a Thousand Times already. It doesn't matter if I'm the Highest Voiced male he has heard in his one thousand years of life, what he is offering, isn't going to pay my bills" I tell Veronica. She is trying to get me to agree to her alien bosses terms of contract. In all honesty, while hitting the stage and making my dream a reality does sound nice, I don't think that I want do it through small wages.

"I know......" she pauses before continuing. "Ill talk to him, to see if he will raise the pay" Veronica Says, before a click is heard, and she hangs up the phone. I let out sighs of frustration as i storm into my room tossing my phone onto my bed, then proceeding to toss myself on to the Mattress.

Mom. Dad, if i would have known this career choice was so difficult, then i would have chosen to be a docter like you guys. Im so exhausted this point, and i dont even know which way to turn. Its crazy, its like im running around in circles, no direction present. Trust the process is something I continually hear from people, but what if the process is never coming? Or what if it wont happen to me?

What if i should take that alien up on his offer. I bury my face into my pillow. Why is being an adult so damn difficult, why doesnt life come with a handbook, or guidelines.

*Ding*. I hear my phone go off, and i slightly lift my head from my pillow. I glare at my phone, as if it can feel the look I'm giving it. I hear a couple of more dings, and i groan even louder. Im trying to have a crisis here, but apparently that dont matter to anyone anymore.

I slide up, and see messages from Wulfe. Oh he is coming to pick me up, and oh.... He is coming to pick me up so he can show me something. I wonder if he will put me out of my misery? We have been seeing eachother for alittle while now. Nothing major or anything. I start to fret as i dont even have an outift. Ive just been lounging around in mu Pajama's.

Cackling slighty at the look on his Robotic face, if i came in pajamas. He would probably be like "Your night clothes? I thought those were for sleeping". I change quickly, put on some deodorant, spray some perfume not that he can smell it, and head out to his ship. I find him already waiting there. He just looks at me, and pulls me into the spaceship. The gate closes and we teleport into deep space instantly. His large metal Frame walking towards a window.

"This is what I desperately needed you to see." Wulfe says while gesturing towards what appears to be a bright constellation. The shape is peculiar, its a Wolf with three Heads, but its anthropomorphic.

"What is it?" I question.

"Its Ceberi. Allow me to tell you a story." Wulfe says. Pausing to stop and look down at me. I look up in his eyes, and silence settles, like always when we are together. Time does seem to slow down, before he starts.

'Long Ago, in a Land full of trees, where gods and Mythological beasts roamed, lives a Tribe of Anthromorphs. Not just any anthromorph, Wolves. In that tribe lived The being of this constellation. Cerberi was a Chieftain, and one of the best warriors in the Northern Wolfe Tribe. He brought back the biggest kills, during the winter months to feed his people. He always strove to be the best, but even the strongest, can have a secret to hide.

For his Tribe didn't see their Leader in a different Light for having three heads, no, if anything that made him more of a leader to then, it made them respect him more. What they didnt know, is that he was plagued by a Curse at night. It kept him up, as it wrecked havoc on his body, transforming him into a blood-thirsty Mindless Beast.

To make sure he never hurt anybody, he would shed his armor before the curse took him over, and go deep into the forest. He would hunt and kill anything that moved, Big or Small. It didn't mater, anything that could possibly soothe his frenzied mind.

Anything not devoured he would bring back to his tribe the next morning. Nobody ever questioned it. Some were starting to grow suspicious though. The whispers began to grow numerous, nobody could hunt that much, let alone carry prey that heavy. So rumors spread like wildfire, fingers pointing at their Chieftain for keeping secrets.

It all but drove Cerberi Mad. His anger consumed him, and in front of his tribe, he transformed into the cursed beast. He fled from them, as his mind was becoming feral, the yells from his Tribe to come back, fell on his deaf ears as he went into the heart of the forest.

It is said Cerberi lived in agony with the curse for many years before A young human male stumbled upon him. Seeing him plagued made the Young man's heart swell with pain. He used all his knowledge of Healing to stop the curse from Accelerating as fast, so he would regain some semblance of sanity. It worked. Cerberi thanked the human, and they lived in harmony for more years to come, eventually falling in love.

Even happiness comes at a price for Monsters, or so they say. Not that Cerberi was a Monster. The Healing magick was starting to not work, and Cerberi was becoming insane once more, and one night he lost control, Chasing his love to a cliff. Seeing no other option, the human jumped. It snapped Ceberi out of it enough to where he dove over the cliff to grab his Love. But it was to late, his love had a heart attack, before he was caught, killing him,

Ceberi cried and pleaded with the gods to take away his pain, he didnt feel he could live without his Human. He didnt feel he could go back to his tribe. He was truly alone, so a goddess of darkness Made a deal with him. She would let him see his love again, but his love would be reincarnated over and over again, and would see him every night, but they were never to be able to touch one another. She made Cerberi into a Constellation. She gave him Infinite power, and made Ceberi into a Mindless weapon of mass destruction.

His Love never forgotten from his mind.

What you are Looking at is Cerberi. His Body is the constellation. He is truly a massive size. He is also very much still alive. We are monitoring him, to make sure he stays asleep. Since the Goddess is gone, she no longer controls him, and there is no telling what will happen if he wakes up" Wulfe says finishing the story. He also gave extra information. If Ceberi would descend upon earth, we would be fucked. He is absolutely massive in size, and who knows, the entire universe could be in trouble.

So this is what he does when he isnt exploring the universe, or taking me out. He watches over him.

"Wulfe do you realize how cool this is? My potential future boyfriend just revealed that Constellations are living breathing beings, and happens to be watching over one. This is epic!" I excitedly shout, while looking into his robotic green eyes. He simply chuckles at my enthusiasm, and we continue to look into space. After we are done standing around, he treats me to dinner like a total gentleman, then he takes me home. Says i need to get some rest, and that he will be gone for a couple of more days. Space isnt all that and a box of chocolates its made out to be it seems. Which im totally okay with. I yawn, do alittle stretch, and put my head on the pillow, and im out like a light.

I wake the next morning to my phone buzzing. Its my bestie. This shouldnt come as a surprise to me, she calls every morning. I slide right and we give our slight good morning greeting.

She started to ramble on how her boss will increase the pay, but i stop her there, to tell her i accept. She squeals in my ear, and continues to talk. I then debate on whether i should tell her about Ceberi last night, or even about the weird dream i had, but i decide its not important right now, and push it to the back, while saying yes, only realizing i agreed to go out today, and that she will see me in twenty.

This is a good week, i can tell.