I: Give it a Go

"Oh come on Sky, just give it a try, hell even a once over." My Best Friend Veronica Pleads, wanting me to try this new dating app called Multiverse. It was just recently released, and promises to help you find your soulmate, your other half, the person or being of your very dreams.

If you want my honest opinion, it sounds to good to be true. I have tried and failed at love so many damn times, why would I want my heart to be broken even further.

I stop tuning her out, and listen to her rambling some more. Last thing I need is to get lost in my own thoughts.

"Alright Fine, I'll try it. This is my last time though, if I don't find someone on this stupid dating app, then I'll stay single, for the rest of my miserable mortal life, got it Bestie" I say, while poking her in the chest. Stars are seen in her eyes, as she jumps up and down for joy while screaming, how I won't regret this decision. Little does she know, I already do.

After her little out-burst is down, we sit down at the cafe table, so I can install this app. The waiter comes by to get our order, but I don't pay attention, to busy setting up my profile, because the app installed instantly after I hit download, how strange.

"Veronica..... I just set up my profile..... and I think I got a match already, but I haven't swiped on anyone yet" I say. I'm beyond confused. She squeals, and sits even closer to me, while snatching my phone, putting her fingers to my lips, before I can even say anything. I notice her turn red in the face, and she has alittle bit of drool hanging out.

I let out small cackles, to which she finally looks up from my phone to see what I'm laughing about, but she quickly realizes. She glares at me playfully, her nostrils flaring as she wipes the drool from her mouth.

"Well I wasn't going to show you what hottie you matched with, but since it's your phone I have no choice, but be mentally prepared.... He is definitely out of this world" Veronica says, a shit eating grin taking over her features as she turns the phone my way.

When my eyes finally zoom in on the profile I matched with, my hands turn clammy, my mouth runs dry, and my breath is stolen. The screen shows the user by the name of "Wulfe-Droid" and he is a huge hunk of metal.

His profile says he is Seven foot Seven, and weighs about four-hundred pounds. I subconsciously scoot closer to my screen, for a better look.

He is totally made out of metal, he looks like a werewolf/android hybrid. He has pointy metal Wolf ears, as well as what looks like to be Dragon horns pointing to the sky behind him, his eyes are green, his tail which seems to be over five feet in length, and two feet in Diameter, is just limply behind him. Looks heavy. He is smiling which shows his steel wolf snout and teeth. He has a thick metal collar on with five sharp spikes going around it.

His arms are about medium length, coming down to his waist just like a humans would, housing thick biceps, and Wolf paws with long metal claws at the end of each arm, also housing bracelets on each wrist, that look to be modeled after his neck collar. His legs are long and thick, with human-like wolf feet. His form is a Bipedal Wolf, just much bigger, like he was modeled after a Lycan. His abs are hard as steel, and his pecs, don't get me started. It should be sin for him to be without a shirt on. Well my brain is short circuiting and I know my best friend can sense this, because she starts to fan me, like I have a metal processor.

"Girl I'm fine.... I'm just confused, amazed, and yeah that sums it all up at the same time. This app literally matched me with someone I ideally would be attracted to, preferably less metal, but I'm not complaining." I say, voice laced with mental exhaustion.

I don't even know what to say at this point, so I just hit 'accept' on the match, and I'm instantly Met with a 'bing-bong' sound, meaning I have a message. Oh my stars.....

I open the message to see Wulfe-Droid sitting on what looks like a beach, with a starry night sky above, posing shirtless, with a message below the picture.

'Hello! Thank you so much for accepting, I do want to say, that I think you look absolutely, what is the word the human race uses to describe something.... Nice to look at? Oh! Yes! I think you look Stratospherically Beautiful.'

In that moment, I really did shut down.... I lost all thought process, and totally forget how to use the English language. I turn to Veronica, while handing her my phone, waving my hands in the air speaking utter gibberish. How does one respond to that, with a picture attached at the same time. She looks at the text, her face lights up with a smile, and it grows even bigger at my flabbergasted gibberish speaking state. I can't even touch my coffee right now, because I'm to busy being in shock.

I see her fingers type a message, and then hit the send button, as she looks triumphant. What could she have possibly sent. I grab my phone and my heart sinks into my stomach. The message reads

'Awh thank you! That's so sweet, although, if we are talking about looks, your such a big sexy hunk of wolf metal aren't ya.'

I have never been more embarrassed in my entire life. I mean it's something I would say honestly, had I been given the confidence when I was conceived. I look at her once more then back to my phone, then back to her. I'm sitting in a cafe, flabbergasted, surrounded by people flirting with an alien-Android, and looking like a maniac, who ordered coffee but can't drink it.

"Ahem, thank you Ver, I appreciate it. What happens if it doesn't work out? Or maybe he—"She shush's my anxious raving by silencing me with her finger to my lips, giving me that mom look, that she is known for.

"Don't over think this Babes. You're only twenty, the last time you dated was when you were seventeen, you were still a baby, a mere child. You have grown, and became a better person, don't psych yourself out. Also you might want to talk to your therapist, those anxiety meds are not helping." She says. I let her words play through my head. As I lean back in the uncomfortable chair, and pick my coffee up from where it's sitting at the black circular table.

Oh shit! I forgot about my therapist! I gotta call her, and let her know the news. Wait, I'll do that tomorrow.

I hear this multiple times*Ding-Ding, Ding-Ding* not really knowing where it came from, as it jostled me out of my thoughts and back into reality, away from the therapy session I'll most likely have with my therapist.

"Oh my stars! I matched with three people, all different species, looks like they know one another, and they want to invite me into their closed poly relationship. Ugh sounds like a threesome- well foursome I'd be interested in"Veronica says while making gagging noises, drawing the attention of others in the cafe. She doesn't notice them, but I do. They give her an all knowing glance, like they were once like her and I.

"Ver people are staring stop with the-" I stop once I hear "aaaaaaaugh" "gguuuuhhhha" coming from her. Turns out she somehow managed to sneak a banana in the cafe, and was deep-throating it, making all kinds of sexual noises. People were applauding and laughing.

'This is going to be a long day' I think to myself as I let my mind wonder to Wolfe-Droid, wondering how our relationship will truly play out, but only time with tell.