💙A talk with the [wo]man in the mirror💙

It was a fight. Everyday was a fight. To wake up, to get out of bed, to forget who they were to each other. Who they once were. It was a struggle to keep a hold on the thought that someone like him could ever learn to love again.

You have me. Until every last star in the galaxy dies, you have me.

He told her that. Maybe it was just a broken promise, one filled with empty words. Nevertheless he'd told her that. It was what he used to say to her over a midnight call. What he'd say when she felt insecure. What he'd say just to say.

But then he got roped into a gang of thugs. He changed. He cut his hair, he got a tattoo, he pierced his ears, started dressing different... started acting different. There was no more perfect little words of hope and love. It was all gone.

She stared at herself in the mirror. Watched as she pretended to not feel any pain. Watched how she was faking a smile even as the tears tumbled down her face. She wanted to forget him. She wanted to forget his face. She wanted to forget everything about him. But it was hard to forget when their past was written all over her body. Every freckle on her cheeks that he'd used to call his own constellations. Their past was engraved in every inch of her. Her hands that once held his, her lips he once loved to kiss. Her eyes the same color as his, her blonde hair that he'd twirl around his fingers. Her nose that got cold when they'd go for late night walks, her hips that his hands would rest on. Every inch of her told a story of her past... and she so badly wanted to forget.

She wiped her eyes and sniffled. There was a party going on outside and she couldn't just stay in the bathroom all night. She couldn't, she wouldn't. But every time she saw him with a new girl on his side, tucked underneath his arm where she used to take comfort in... she broke all over again.

Her mascara was blurred under her eyes, her nose had turned red and began to run. Her eyes grey puffy and red. Her eyeliner she decided to wear was smudged upwards toward her temple on one eye, then downwards towards her cheek on the other. She looked like crap. Felt like it too.

A knock at the door startled her. "Hey, you almost done in there?"

"Yeah." She sniffled again and tried to wipe away the black dripping down her cheeks. She opened the door and stepped out. She didn't bother to see who needed the bathroom, she was too busy bolting to the door to leave the house. It was her friends party. Some girl on her swim team decided it'd be a great way to end the school week before spring break.

"You look like half a corpse and half a goddess, B." It was a girl with jet-black hair. She wasn't decked out in a dress or short-skirt like everyone else had been. Instead she looked just as badass without all the accessories and bling and heavy makeup.

"Buttercup..." she trailed off when she noticed him walking towards her. "I have to go."

"What?" The girl turned around, green eyes widening as she saw the blonde stalk over. "Oh hell no. Stay behind me, Bubbles." Buttercup passed her drink to Bubbles, and rolled up the sleeves of her shirt.

"No, BC. Don't—" her pleas for the girl to not cause a scene drowned out as the blonde came up to them. Bubbles found herself sinking behind the ravenette and trying her best to cover her face with her bangs.

He had on the beanie. The beanie she got him when they first started dating... before her world crumbled. "Can I talk to B for a minute." His question didn't sound all too much like a question. It sounded more like a demand.

"No." A simple word laced with as much hatred as anyone with a bad-temper like hers could ever muster up.

"Come on, dude—"