💚Royal Assasination💚 pt 1

There's currently only one thing on my mind as I stand beside the crowned prince, hiding in the shadows. My grip around my dagger is firm, one wrong move and I'll be noticed. But do I care that if I breathe wrong it'll give away my hiding spot? No. Do I care that this could very well be my last change at redemption? No! The only thing I can think about is that I am an assassin. I am not a mere bodyguard! So why the hell am I hiding in the shadows protecting this arrogant, self-righteous, annoying prince who believes that partying is a personality trait. I could slit his throat and be done with this whole mess. I could fling my dagger and let the poison skin in as I make a run for the next kingdom. I could do numerous things! But at the same time I cannot.

The queen looks at me out of the corner of her eye. She smiles knowing full well the danger she's placed her son in and the utterly horrible precautions she made to make sure he didn't die. I was supposed to be dressed in black. I was supposed to have a mask, I was supposed to have shoes that fit my feet. As I stare at my toes I frown. I'm not supposed to be dressed in a dress. I'm not supposed to have a corset on that makes it unbearably hard to breathe. I'm not supposed to have on heels that I can't even walk in.

How am I hiding in the shadows in this dress? quite simply because I'm great at hiding. If it were anyone else they'd of been spotted. They'd of been ripped out of the building for attempting assassination even if they're an assassin hired- no... black mailed into being a body guard.

Her majesty gives an announcement to let the party begin and the prince makes a horrible mistake. He glanced back at me before walking down the steps into the crowded ballroom. That little prick doesn't want my protection, nor do I want to keep him alive. He's been making my job extremely difficult for the past few weeks! Always running off and hiding out of my views. I inwardly groan knowing that I can't move for a few more minutes or else I'd be spotted.

The king notices my worry and quickly causes a distraction. He tells everyone to look over at the opposite wall of ballroom. Then he continues to tell a story about the elaborate mural that is painted. I take this time to sneak away from my hiding spot and before I know it I'm standing in the middle of a very crowded room. Guests of all over smile and nod at the kings story. I make out the dark, almost black, green suit that stands apart from everyone else's.

As if he wants to announce to the assassins here who are paid to kill him where he's at, he still wears his crown. This boy is going to be the death of me I swear to it. Slowly I make my way behind him and gently take the golden crown off of his raven hair. "Your highness I sincerely ask of you to not draw attention to yourself. There are people here who want to kill you."

"You want to kill me." He looks over his shoulder then turns around to face me.

"That's different. I'm not allowed to. They are." I narrow my eyes at him. The kind finishes his story and the music starts up.

"So what? I'm gonna die anyways... why not speed up the process?" He smirks then places his hands on my waist and begins to lead. I have no choice but to follow in the dance, and I hate every moment of it.

"You've got to be kidding me, right? Your highness I was hired to protect you. And as much as I truly want to slit your throat I cannot." My shoes are extremely uncomfortable. And I say again, I can hardly breathe in this corset.

"You never explained to me why you can't. You're an assassin. I'm sure many people have asked of you to follow through on the same job the others are here to do." He twirls me and I can't help but sigh.

"Your highness-"

"Oh for the love of God, Butters. Just call me Butch." He smirks and leans closer down.