❤️Lavish and Ruin❤️

Burn. Burn me with your touch, and kill me with your words. Haunt me with your soul that was once apart of mine. Torture me with your lingering gaze—eyes that hold the Milky Way, and lips that drip with venom. But when has a dragon ever died because of the poison of a snake? So try your best to ruin me. I'll lavish every second spent. You might be the death of me, but I'll be the end of you. An eye for an eye, a heart for a heart. In this way, you and I shall never, ever, be apart.

———————

"Blossom!" There's pounding on the door. This prison of a room has held me captive ever since they found out what I could do. "Come on, are you dressed yet?"

This is the day things change. The day my life will change forever.

"Don't make me open this door." Though his voice is loud, he is not angry. His words do not lace around my neck and cut of the air. No, this is not the voice of the guy whose words are sharp. This is not the voice of the guy whose eyes burn with the dancing flicks of fire. No, this is not him.

"Blossom," he sighs. This is the voice of the man who lets me stay up past lights out. This is the voice of the man who plays chess with me. This is the voice of the man who lets me pick how I dress. "Please answer. The Nobels are all waiting."

"I can't zip the zipper." I respond.

There's a body-length mirror in the corner of the room. I've stared at it every day for the past nine months. Watching myself change. Watching as they stripped away the girl I once was. He likes to dress me in red. I prefer pink. Which is why I'm partly glad for this dreadful occasion. He wasn't in charge of "making me look presentable". He had more important things to deal with, thank god.

"Do you need assistance?"

"Please." My eyes flick to the door as it slowly swings open. The man wears his name etched into a silver broach. Even Butch has dressed up for this occasion. That shocks me. Honestly, he looks more put together than I've ever seen him. He's even managed to comb his hair.

He's got on a simple shirt—of course, he left the top few buttons undone. I can't expect him to dress up 100%. Not even if today might be my last day on earth. Good. He shouldn't have to change himself. On top of that shirt, he's wearing a dark emerald green vest with 7 buttons. It has a narrow v-line—which allows for the top to remain visible even when the suit's jacket is buttoned up.

The black jacket fits him like a glove. A perfectly tailored glove. The 5 buttons of his double breasted jacket are all buttoned up with the exception of one—adding yet another casual touch to what would otherwise be an elegant look.

"You dressed up." I note.

He chuckles and nods his head. "It's an important day."

"I'm dying today." I turn to face the mirror. The face that stares back at me is my own, I know that. But she looks so different than day one. My hair was once as red as fire, but now it's darkened due to months without the sun. I've always been pale, but now my freckles have began to lighten up and disappear. Even my eyes seem to have lost their pink color.

"You might not." Butch walks up behind me. "Brick seems to favor you."

I pull my hair over my shoulder and sigh. "Brick wanted me to wear red." I didn't. I wore pink. "Brick wanted me to show a lot of skin." I didn't. The dress leaves the top of my shoulders uncovered—that and across my clavicle, but that's about it. It flows down into a court neckline, the soft cherry-pink silk hugging my body. That's the only thing I listened to with Bricks advice—though I halfway took it into consideration. A tighter fit around the bodice, but it widens down into a tulip style of silk, with a small slit running up to mid thigh. So maybe I did follow some of Bricks instructions.