💙50% Off💙

I was busy helping a customer when the bell rang, meaning that someone had come in. "Welcome to Brilliant, I'll be with you in a moment." My voice comes out tired and annoyed.

Today hasn't been a very good day. I got to work to find my boss trashing the store.

"Mandy? What's wrong?" I questioned.

She ran a hand through her short blue hair and shook her head. "Silvia says that we have to do a sale this week. She also said that I have to cut people. So whoever does a bad job today, is getting cut." She stared at me with her brown eyes and sighed. "Pick up the mess I made while I let people know we're having a 50% off sale."

She left the room-the very messy room-and slammed the door. I picked up every single piece of clothing, every pair of shoes, every pant, every short, every accessory, everything. And when she came back in she glared at me and groaned. "You had one job, clean up." She pick up the one hat I didn't see and threw it in the trash behind the counter. "You're not off to a good start, Bubbles. You're defiantly gonna get cut. You have today to prove you belong, otherwise you can kiss this paycheck goodbye."

She walked to the front of the store and opened the door, letting customers in.

*~~~*

"Thank you for coming, have a nice day!" I smile at the girl as she walks out, then head over to see if anyone needs help. I see a blonde boy walking around, so I make my way over.

"Hello, do you need any help finding something?" I give the guy a smile.

He turns around and I can't help but notice his amazing blue eyes. They're bluer that the ocean, and I can find myself getting lost in them.

"No thanks, I'm capable of finding what I'm looking for. Thank you though, ma'am." The man smiled, revealing those dimples that made my heart want to melt.

"Mhm, no problem." I nod my head and turn around to walk away when I remember to tell him about our deals. "Oh! Everything's 50% off and shorts, and pants are a buy one get one free."

"Everything in this store is 50% off?" I notice his eyes scan me, but is shrug it off.

"Yes, sir."

"So... if I were to ask for a phone number?" He rubbed the back of his neck as a soft blush crept along his face.

I giggled, it was cute how he asked. "That'll be five dollars."

He reaches for his wallet but before he can take out the money I hold my hand up to stop him. "Or, a name."

"Oh! Right," he chuckles nervously and puts his walled away. "I'm Boomer." Boomer holds out his hand and I shake it.

"Pleasure. I'm Bubbles."

"The pleasure is mine, Bubbles. So? Phone number?"

I can't help but laugh. "Come with me real quick." I lead him to the counter where I can write my number down on a price of paper.

I hand it to him and smile, "Here you are."

"Do you always give your number to strangers?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you always ask girls for their number?"

"No...?"

"There's your answer. You seem like a nice guy, so why not?" He gives me a smile and shakes his head. "Besides, are we really strangers? I know your name, you know mine~"

"I'll see you around Bubbs." He waves and walks out of the store and I feel like the happiest person alive.

"If I get fired, at least one good thing might of come from today." I whisper as my phone dings.

Unknown: HEY! It's the handsome blonde boy! Is this the pretty blue eyed girl?

I giggle and respond.

Me: Hey, handsome blonde boy. Yes this is she.

I add his information to my contacts and was about to put my phone away when he texted me again.

Boomer: This is going to sound really weird considering how I've only known you for like...five minutes. But do you maybe wanna go out on a date?

All of a sudden I know that my life is going to change. Maybe this cute blonde will change my life.... and maybe I'll let him.

Me: This is going to sound even more weird, considering I've only known you for like... six minutes. But my answer is yes.

Boomer: Cool! Sooo.... pizza?

Me: I LOVE PIZZA!

Boomer: I know a great place! And best news is, is that it's all 50%off!

Me: 50%off?

Boomer: yes, ma'am~

Me: Sounds amazing.