I built a friend💙

I built a friend
With three pieces of plastic and a pen
I made him on the table in the den
I gave him my old cell phone for a head, for a head

"Look what I did mama!" The young blonde boy held up an item that looked like trash. It was his toy cellphone with a piece of plastic and some pens.

"What on earth? Boomer, darling, throw that away. You have so many other toys that kids your age could only dream of." The woman patted her suns head and walked out of the room.

Boomer, being the stubborn boy that he was, shook his head and clung on tighter to the makeshift toy. "I didn't build a toy, mama..." he whispered softly. "I built a friend."

And we spent holidays in my house
And we left presents in a stocking
And we bought bolts and things and strings
And a new watch, that's what he got

Every Holliday, every weekend, every school day, every day Boomer would take his new friend to school. He didn't have very many people he talked to, he was very shy.

One Christmas he got his friend a watch. "Look what I got you!" He exclaimed happily while pulling out a watch. "I know you don't talk much, so you don't have to say anything."

And we had so much fun together
We knew we'd be friends forever
And we had so much fun together
We had so much fun

Boomer would take his friend everywhere. They played on the playground, ran through meadows, swung on the swing, etc. He would come home from a tiring day at high school and just talk to his creation. "We'll be friends forever, don't worry."

Then I left for college in September
And we wept 'cause we can't be together
So I kept pictures to remember my old friend, my old friend

Boomer graduated high school and was on his way to college. He couldn't take his friend with him, so he left him at home in a chest. Before he left he took a picture to remember him by. "I'll be back, I won't forget you." He said as a tear escaped his eye.

Then I met this girl at graduation
And forget my oldest creation
And I guess I'll see him next vacation
Send my best, I send my best

Boomer met this girl, Bubbles, and they instantly hit it off. They went on dates every Friday and soon Boomer forgot about his friend.

They moved in with each other after graduating college. Boomer got a message from his dad one day, with a picture of his creation and a smile made its way on his face. "Maybe I'll see him next vacation? When I go up to visit mom and dad..." he put his phone away and went back to spending time with his girlfriend.

And we had so much fun together
We knew we'd be friends forever
And we had so much fun together
We had so much fun

I came home to find him on the table
With a note, scribbled out in pencil

Boomer came home one day to find a note and his creation on the table. He went over and read the note, his eyes widened and tears spilled down his eyes.

And he wrote, that he just wasn't stable all alone, all alone
Next to him, an empty glass of water
That he spilled, all over the body
That I built, it fizzled and it popped
And then it killed, and then it killed

' ᑎᗝ ᗩᗷᒪᗴ ᐯᗴ ᕼᗝᑌ ƴ ᖴᖇᗴᑎᗪ. Ƴᗝᑌ ᗷᑌ ᗰᗴ ᗩᑎᗪ '    ǥᖇᗴᗩᖴᑌᒪ ᖴᗝᖇ ᗩᒪᒪ ᗯᗴ'ᐯᗴ ᗪᗝᑎᗴ. ' ǥᒪᗩᗪ ƴᗝᑌ ᑌᗩᐯᗴ ǥᖇᒪᖴᖇᗴᑎᗪ, ᗷᑌ ᔕᕼᗴ ᗝᗝ ƴ ᑭᒪᗩᑕᗴ. ᗩᑎᗪ ᑎᗝᗯ ' ᒪᗝᑎᗴᒪƴ... ᔕᗝ ' ᗰᗴ ǥ.

ƴᗝᑌᖇ ᖴᖇᗴᑎᗪ

Boomer read the note multiply times, Over and over and over and over. The little makeshift friend of his was laid on the table with a spilled glass of water beside him. He was short circuiting and it made fizzling sounds.

And we had so much fun together
We thought we'd be friends forever
And we had so much fun together
We had so much fun

Boomer was in tears on the couch when Bubbles came home. She walked over and asked him what was wrong. Boomer never told her about how he built a made up friend when he was younger, and he wasn't going to tell her that it came alive and killed itself.

"One of my friends is dead..." he muttered. Bubbles gasped and wrapped him in a hug. He hurried his face in the crook of her neck as the tears continued to fall.

I built a friend...