Chapter 36: Doubts

Chapter 36: Doubts

Savannah

"We would like to ask you if Darren can take you out more.I'm speaking for my whole staff,and we say more 'Sarren feels'" The man said as soon as I sat down.

That took me by surprise.My worries about this meeting was now washed away.

I nudged Darren "You scared me.You said 'no matter what happens remember that I love you' but all I get is good news! And why do you look like you're gonna cry? We should be happy" I told him.

"Ms.Cruz,that wasn't it" I turned to the man.

My worries has now barged into my life again.

"Please explain.I'm kind of lost right now" I said,playing with my feet under the table.I tend to do this when I am really worried.

"Well first of all,Hi I'm Mr.Ryan Jones.And I think you remember my wife,Melissa" he pointed to the woman in a suit.

Oh yeah,the one from Boracay.

"Anyway back to why we are all here,our plan for Darren is that we would try and get the attention of not only filipino fans but also international.How will we do that you say? Popularity.More news and fuss about him.Sarren is one of the answers to that.More lovey dovey in the public eye so we could catch attentions of not only the reporters but fans" Mr.Jones explained.

"With him being most talked about he gets more and more projects.More and more fame"he finished.

"Oh and here are your schedules" then two papers were slid to me and Darren.

I got the paper and put it immediately in my bag,not even bothering to look at it.

"So you're using mine and Darren's relationship for more popularity?" I summarized his speech.

"Yes,thank you for summarizing everything I've put my efforts to" he joked.

For a man who looks serious who knew he could joke or at least try to.I like this guy.

He's not that uptight or so.

"If that's the case,then why is Darren worried?" Then I pointed to the boy beside me who was now biting his lip and playing with his fingers.Looking like he was gonna cry in any moment.

"Good you asked.We actually analyzed that Sarren will grow lower since it's been going on forever" he exaggerated the "forever".

Never mind,I don't like this guy.Nope.

Hate him.

Totally.

"Fans will get tired.So this is when she comes in" then he pointed to the unfamiliar girl.

"This is Cassy Legaspi" oh yeah now I know who she is.

"She's the daughter of Carmina and Zoren Legaspi and has a twin,Mavy" he said as if it was that of a big deal.I mean yeah her mother is an artist,yeah their family is sporty,yeah they're all attractive in the family.

Who am I kidding I am nothing compared to her.

"So why is Ms.Kris Aquino here?" I asked.

"She's like our bridge.She's the connector for Cassy and Darren" now I'm picking up the pieces.

"So you mean" I started.

"You guys" Mr.Jones pointed to me and Darren "Will break up" he finished the sentence for me.

"WHAT!?" I yelled.Everyone in the room jumped a bit at my outburst."Whoops sorry" I apologized immediately.

"You have a choice actually.Break up in public ONLY and be kept a secret or risk your boyfriend's career" so he's making me choose between my boyfriend's happiness and mine.