62- Make It Right

Anakin sat on his bed trying to meditate. All the things that had happened during his children's visit had kept him from calming his mind. Even at the moment, he couldn't help but think of them. Where they were and what they were doing. They're probably in the future and maybe don't remember anything, he told himself. Though if they forgot their time line of events, he should have forgotten his.

He sensed a presence approaching his room. As he had expected, he heard the sound of the door opening and the shuffling of a cloak.

"Anakin..."

Anakin opened his eyes to see Obi-Wan. He stood straight and looked as if he had cleaned himself up a bit. His hair was shorter and his beard had been tamed.

"Hello master" Anakin said, "was there something you needed? We just spoke a moment ago".

"Just... I'm just checking in" Obi-Wan said.

Anakin tilted his head confused.

"Did I break your concentration?" He asked.

"N-no... actually you may help it if you want to stay" Anakin said.

Obi-Wan sat down in front of him. he crossed his legs and they sat in silence for a few minutes. Anakin studied his old masters face. Something shown in it that seemed like worry.

"Tell me the truth Obi-Wan... what's wrong?" Anakin said.

"Well... its you" Obi-Wan said hesitantly.

Anakin chuckled, "What have I don't now?"

"its nothing like that. What i mean is... you worry me" Obi-Wan said, "more than usual".

"I'm sorry... but... there... really isn't much I can do to help that" Anakin said, "I'm fine. I can take care of myself... You've done your job. Trained me to be the best I can be..."

"Well i should think so because if i have not then i have failed you. But that's not what I mean" Obi-Wan cut in, "Its not just your safety I worry about... I was... such a terrible friend. Maybe I was a good master but that doesn't make up for what could have happened".

'I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you'

Anakin looked down and sighed deeply. He looked back up after a moment and nodded in an understanding way.

"You are doing good now aren't you?" Anakin said, "I think so"

"Maybe I am now... what happens when I fall back into the old ways.... what if..." Obi-Wan asked.

"What will you do if I started showing signs of falling back to the dark-side? What if another... Palpatine tried to get in my head?"
"I'd screw your head on again and then id... deal with them"
"I'd do the same for you, Obi-Wan. You're my master, my very best friend and I'd do anything for you".

Obi-Wan shook his head and rubbed his eyes. He brushed back his hair and looked at Anakin. Anakin looked at him expectantly with a softer gaze than he had earlier.

"I'm serious Anakin... What if... that... bastard Andechu isn't just a controllable puppet" Obi-Wan said and Anakins face fell, "What if he's a part of me? Anakin what if I became a Sith...? A real one... a ruthless one...? Anakin what if I can't fight it as you did?"

"You're way stronger than I am..." Anakin said, "Hell if Luke and Leia hadn't come along..."

Anakin breathed in as he realized what could have become of him. What could have become of his children.

"My wife would be dead and my children would grow up without mother and have a genocidal father" Anakin said, "hell I'm the reason Lukes one hand short and leia flinches at a damn needle".